- F-Secure FREEDOME VPN protection does not turn on when connected to a home wireless network (WiFi) with an Apple iOS device (IPhone or IPad).
- Protection is able to be turned on when using a mobile data internet connection.
F-Secure FREEDOME VPN uses the IPSec VPN standard on Apple IOS devices. Some home routers have the IPSec VPN Passthrough feature disabled by default and this will make Freedome VPN unable to connect to the FREEDOME VPN Server.
To solve the issue, please consult your network router documentation and follow the specific instructions for your router on how to enable the IPSec VPN Passthrough feature.
You may also add the connection to your router to the trusted networks:
- Open the F-Secure Freedome app
- Click on the three strips in the top left-hand corner
- Go to the Settings
- Under Automatic WiFi protection open Manage trusted networks
- Activate the setting for your selected network
Article no: 000001036