Reinstallation of freedome and number of licenses

Zaid
Zaid Posts: 5 New Member

I currently have the 3 devices, one year subscription. I have freedome on 3 devices, however on one of the devices (android phone) I reinstalled freedome and got the message that I exceeded the limit. What should I do?

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Zaid,

May I know how you purchased Freedome for your devices? Could you please post a screenshot of the error message on your android here as well?

• Zaid

Paid through paypal

Screenshot_2015-11-02-07-16-12.png

• tyea
    tyea Posts: 5 New Member
    I have a similar situation. I had 3 devices activated, and one one of those devices today, I unlocked the boot loader to update the system image (nexis 6p). Can't your software detect I'm using the same device with a different from?
  • Laksh

Hi Zaid,

Please send me a private message with your purchase details from Paypal (like invoice number/date of purchase/license code, etc) so that we can assist further on your issue.

How many devices are currently using Freedome?

• Laksh

Hi tyea,

Sorry to hear about the trouble! Could you please send me a private message with your Freedome code and the error message seen so that I can assist further?

• tyea
    Fixed by a verification link sent to me. Thanks!
  • Zaid

A private message was sent a week ago and nothing happened.

• Zaid

Still waiting and nothing,,, I'm really dissapointed in the customer service for this app. Had I know I'll run into this kind of treatment when I run into trouble I would've never bought the app.

• tyea
    I mistakenly stated my status was fixed. I thought my subscription was fixed, but I'm actually on a trial version, with 9 days remaining. Can't F-secure just reset the logins, forcing subscribers to revalidate their devices?
  • McCoy
    McCoy Posts: 6 New Member

Hi, same problem here with my single license - bought on 13.08.15 for 12 months:

"You reached the maximum number of installations with this code. 

Please make a new purchase to extend your Freedome subscription."

The problems exists after the Freedome update, some hours ago this day.

Please help, support needed!

Thank you.

• Zaid

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. It will take ages to get someone who will actually try to solve your problem. The whole communication with tech support is like a black hole. I just don't understand how a company so reputed for its technology savviness can overlook such an important issue like this.

• McCoy

Thanks for your sympathy.

I can't understand why theres no other way to get in contact with their support.

Depending on how long it takes to fix this - will I get back my down-time?  Smiley Indifferent

Hope to see everything becomes good...

• DavidM
    DavidM Posts: 2 New Member

I have an annual subscription for 5 devices with 337 days remaining.  I only have it installed on one device presently and I tried to install on another and it would not accept the code.  Is there a time limit when you have to install or the code no longer will work?  I have 2 to 3 more devices I'd like to install freedome on.

Thanks,

David

• McCoy

expired.tiffMore than 24 hours later - there is no communicaton or help from F-Secure.

What a ridiculous service. I am very disappointed about that. Smiley Sad

• Jacky
    Jacky Posts: 5 New Member

Having a similar issue I believe. How ever i still have active days.

And waiting for support too

Edit: This helped me to get a trail version running

Edit Number 2: Inserted my code into the subscription part. And so far all looks fine. (Hopefully it stays for me like that) Man Happy

• McCoy

Thanks for your support, but it won't help for me.

After re-installing there appears a update-window (see attached).

The elevation is obligative - so there is no way for me at the moment.

My code does not work with redeem.

Any other ideas?

Meanwhile, is there a responsible person awake???

elevaton.jpg

• rogge
    rogge Posts: 2 New Member

Hi Laksh

I've got exactly the same problem!

What do you need from me to resolve this?

Please help me soon!

rogge

• McCoy

Hello Laksh,

please take a look at my problem, too.
    I sent you a PM.

Thank you

• tyea
    I went to the F-secure website and bought the annual 3 device freedom VPN service for $49.99 via PayPal in mid October. My bill statement was for cleverbridge Inc. I'm using the trial version now.
  • Laksh

Hi @McCoy,

I have sent you a PM about this issue. Kindly have a look and if you still have any issues, please let me know.

Hi @DavidM,

May I know what is the error message you get when you use the code? Where did you purchase the code from? Could you send me your purchase details?

• Laksh

Hi @Jacky,

Thanks for your update on the issue. Good to hear the subscription worked fine. Please do post here if you still have any issues.

Hi @rogge,

May I know from where you purchased Freedome? Please do message me your license purchase details as a PM. Are you having the same error message? Could you post the error message in your reply? How many licenses are currently being used and in how many of your devices?

• McCoy

@Laksh: Many Thanks for the new code. Smiley Happy

• DavidM
    DavidM Posts: 2 New Member

Hi Laksh,

Please see the attached with screen shots.  The first image is the 1 and only device (laptop) that I have Freedome installed.

The image below that is the initial voucher that I received.

The image at the bottom is the error I get when I've tried to install on another device.

Thanks,

DavidM.

EDIT: Removed License information

• Laksh

Hi DavidM,

May I know if how you got these codes for Freedome? Did you purchase SAFE or is it s trial version of SAFE through which you got the Freedome codes?

If you have purchased SAFE and got the Freedome codes, the code for the Freedome campaign cannot be re-used anymore as the campaign has ended. The Freedome campaign (via Safe) was a limited offer which ended by September 30th, 2015.

• Jacky

After making a clone of my hard drive then logging into the clone to see if it was a functional, I booted back into my original drive. From there on my subscription was gone. 

I tried a complete reinstall and now get a notification i'm at my max number of devices.

• Laksh

Hi @Jacky,

May I know how many devices are currently using your subscription for Freedome? Please post the screenshot of your error message as well.

Is it a multi license or a single license code?

• Jacky

Hi Laksh,

I bought a multi license code (3 devices) and i have currently 2 devices that have freedome operational (phone and tablet). 

This is the error message:

Screen Shot 2015-11-20 at 17.02.57.png

• Laksh

Hi Jacky,

Kindly send me a PM of your Freedome code you purchased along with the details of the device in which you are trying to install Freedome (due to which you are getting this error message).

• Jacky

Bump***  

Was in the middle of Private Messaging Laksh but he didnt respond since Wensday.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info