Subscription activation

Nuj72
Nuj72 Posts: 3 Observer
edited September 2023 in F-Secure ID Protection

So, I am probably just stupid or something?

What is the Subscription Number, considering that NONE of the numbers provided are accepted, despite having successfully completed the frikkin bank transaction.

I actually had to create an ENTIRELY NEW account to even RENEW my subscription???

WTF, there is no Support customer service to call during the Weekends? No chat?

Please just somebody, anyone working at F-Secure, I just paid you 75 euro, yet the main screen says it is only activated for two weeks. None of the codes you sent to me in my confirmation emails work when I try to activate my code - it just sends me back to BUY AGAIN, what I just did.

How can this be so complicated - honestly.

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,620 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hello @Nuj72

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your post.

Just to let you know, our phone line is available Monday to Friday only, however, our chat line is open 24/7. If you are not able to reach our support team via chat, it's possible the line was busy. However, don't worry, you can also get in touch with us through the F-Secure Community and we'll be happy to assist you here.

Regarding your issue, I've checked your subscription and it looks like you purchased F-Secure Total. However, it seems that instead of registering your account from the link sent in the email by our payment partner, Cleverbridge, you registered from the website, which created a trial account. To resolve the issue, I recommend that you log in to the trial F-Secure Total account you created and delete it. You can follow the steps here to delete the account https://community.f-secure.com/common-home-en/kb/articles/6234-how-to-delete-my-f-secure-account

Once you've deleted the account, you can create a new one using the link sent by Cleverbridge in your email. I've also sent you a private message with the link for your convenience. If you need any further help, please let me know.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    edited March 2023

Hello,

WTF, there is no Support customer service to call during the Weekends? No chat?

I see web-chat with an active state on the bottom-right corner on current minute: Contact support | F-Secure

If it is not, try just some minutes later. Maybe all slots are busy; so, all Support Agents with in-touch with someone.

What is your experience about web-chat availability now?

I actually had to create an ENTIRELY NEW account to even RENEW my subscription???

Probably this is already a trouble point. I mean, unlikely it is really possible to renew 'previous subscription' by entirely fresh account. Maybe you ended with two accounts now. One is (old) and to expire. Another is 'renewed' (purchased).

But, surely, F-Secure Support Agents can handle it much better with a clear picture of your current situation.

What is the Subscription Number, considering that NONE of the numbers provided are accepted, despite having successfully completed the frikkin bank transaction.

Anyway, I will try to search some resources and topics.. what if this difficulty described somewhere.

Will update the reply if found something.

Thanks and sorry for my English!

// edited:

I just paid you 75 euro,

I, actually, cannot find exactly '75' price on public available pages. I checked for all solutions/packages: 72.99 and 79.99 are the closest to 75.; and "discounted" prices are also different. Can you confirm that your experience is about "F-Secure ID Protection" package / solution?

None of the codes you sent to me in my confirmation emails work when I try to activate my code - it just sends me back to BUY AGAIN, what I just did

If you wrote that had to create an entirely new account - maybe all emails are about fresh account (with freshly purchased subscription).

Otherwise, I feel that supposed way to renew is 'login into your My F-Secure portal' and proceed there. It is possible that if something wrong (not enough credits or something like waiting for payment confirmation) - renewal is postponed / paused... so there can be a loop of telling you that 'buy again'. Support Agents should clear it off, anyway.

For a time being. There are some articles about generic troubles:

And Online Guide:

Thanks!

• Nuj72

Thank you, Ukko!

I will reach out to Customer Support on Monday and see what went wrong, I missed the renewal deadline by at least 14 days on that computer. I recall that I had some issues in the past with my renewal (but more related to the "suspicious" Cleverbridge payment, as per the other thread in the Forum, but turned out OK)

You may be right about the loop, that is something I did not think about - but does happen every once in awhile. Could even relate renewing during the weekend or something like that.

Will write what Customer Support says, and also try to see if Chat is open again.

THANKS!

• Nuj72

Today, I am happy to report, everything was fixed thanks to Firmy, Ukko and the Customer Support chat.

Basically, I had opened the trial account, but was supposed to open the account using the Email link. I should have known it was something like this - however, by deleting the Trial Account completely, I was able to then open a new account using the Link in the email which of course loaded the 12 month subscription automatically.

Happy to have this issue resolved and super big THANK YOU! to all who helped with this issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info