Safe for android?

Options
Hartley
Hartley Posts: 1 New Member

It sucks...Big Time!

No back or forward buttons and if you hit the home button to do anything else while you're browsing it closes your page and any other tab you might have had open.

Even the f-secure site won't load properly so that I can see the cookies warnings at the bottom of the page.

If you can't accept cookies, you can't very well browse can you?

I have it on my phone and 3 computers...until today.

I don't know how many times I log on and get a message that f-secure isn't on that particular machine and I can't update or anything until I reinstall it from scratch.

It has also become a resource hog.

Two laptops I have will barely do anything when it's scanning and there is no way to stop or pause a scheduled scan.

So, in the end it has become pretty much useless to me.

They'll all be gone by the end of the day.

I'd like my money back for the remainder of my subscription (over 2 years) but I won't hold my breath on that.

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,638 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Hartley

Welcome to our Community page. Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear about your experience with the F-Secure product. We appreciate your feedback for us to improve our service and enhance our products.

No back or forward buttons and if you hit the home button to do anything else while you're browsing it closes your page and any other tab you might have had open.

You may press back on your device to go back to the previous page. To move forward, click on the 3 dots at the top right-hand corner and you will see the option to forward the page.

You may also enable quick controls on the SAFE browser. To enable quick controls on your SAFE browser. open the SAFE browser on your phone > click on the 3 dots at the top right-hand corner > go to Settings > tap on Labs > click on Quick controls to enable. The quick controls will be triggered when you slide your thumb from the left side of the screen or right side of the screen to open the quick controls. And while this option is active, the search field will be hidden.

Even the f-secure site won't load properly so that I can see the cookies warnings at the bottom of the page.

May I know which Android version are you using on your phone? You may check the Android version as a guide from here How can I check what version of Android I have on my device? | Samsung UK

Kindly provide us with more detailed information about this. You may share a screenshot also.

And as an added note, kindly make sure you have installed all available updates pending on your phone to make sure you are up-to-date and check Check for a software update on your Galaxy phone or tablet (samsung.com)

I don't know how many times I log on and get a message that f-secure isn't on that particular machine and I can't update or anything until I reinstall it from scratch.

We have received a similar report about this issue. Kindly check this link as guidance Problem with SAFE only working for a day on my Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G Phone — F-Secure Community

Two laptops I have will barely do anything when it's scanning and there is no way to stop or pause a scheduled scan.

The scheduled scan in F-Secure SAFE works in the background, therefore there is no pop-up window where the progress can be followed and no option to stop an ongoing scheduled scan. 

A notification occurs in F-Secure SAFE current events once the scheduled scan is started and performed. The scan report is accessible when clicking on the show report next to the notification. 

However, the scheduled scanning progress will be updated on the next version.

We also always encourage our users to submit any suggestions or ideas that they think will make F-Secure products a smoother experience. You may also submit any suggestions or ideas for us to improve the products feature Feature Requests — F-Secure Community

Thank you and stay safe.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info