When will TOTAL support (Native?) M1 Pro or Max chipset?

GKLR
GKLR Posts: 3 New Member
edited July 2022 in F-Secure VPN

Specifically the MacBook Pro w/ either the M1 Pro or M1 Max chip.

Accepted Answer

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @GKLR

Apologies for the late response.

The answer to this question was given in the post here.

This is definitely something we are looking into but there's no specific timeframe for when it will be achieved.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Answers

• Danno
    Danno Posts: 41 Contributor

Can't recommend F-Secure products now to Apple Silicon computer users. Evernote and Splashid as well. Can't understand why no Apple Silicon versions after more than a year after M1 chip was released. Usually its a simple recompile using Apple tools.

• GKLR

I would hope that ID Protect would work with Rosetta, but SAFE (esp. DeepGuard component), FreeDome, etc. I suspect would need to work at a lower level.

Given there seems to have been zero activity on making f-secure's products run on Apple's M1 silicon I have to wonder whether they are not thinking of killing off support for Apple platforms - which would be a pain.

Hopefully someone from f-secure will provide an answer to my question...

• GKLR

Given the length of time Apple's M1 SoC has been available, Apple's stated intention of moving entirely to its own silicon and the reasonably plausible leaks indicating that they will be releasing their next generation SoCs later this year, I'd have to say that the lack of any current native support for Apple's SoCs and no timeframe for the introduction of such support makes me as a long time f-secure customer think I need to find an alternative product range.

Bluntly it looks to me like f-secure is going to abandon user's of Apple's macOS and if that is the case why would I expect support for iOS/iPadOS to continue.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info