Beta Renewals

I'm getting notifications that my subscription expires in 13 days.  Will the beta subscriptions be renewed soon?  Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing these before.

Comments

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser

I had not noticed it yet... so thank you :)

I ama confident that the necessary steps will be made in due time as ususal, so do not fret buddy

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,609 Superuser

Hello,

I think that maybe it is an ability to check this kind of functionality.

But, based on this knowledgebase article:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/About-F-Secure-Internet-Security/ta-p/118846

reminder should be before one week (not two weeks).

So, maybe it is a bug;

OR, otherwise, specific configuration for beta. More smooth ability to check functionality with enough time.

Thanks!

• martink
    martink Posts: 427 Influencer

Capture.JPG

Not a problem any more.

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Cool!  I'll check mine later.

• Simon

Mine has now renewed, but I had to do a manual Check for Updates for it to do so.

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser

made silently and successfully

• manoj2
    manoj2 Posts: 1 New Member

Thanks yarr mine also renewed

EDIT: Removed advertised spam link

• Candi1
    Candi1 Posts: 58 Active Engager

I am getting messages that my subscription license is expiring in a few days. On my FS Protection there is a Renew link but when I click it, it says that I cannot renew it since it is a beta version. I would like to continue in the beta program. But I'm getting nervous about the license being renewed, Does anyone happen to know if the beta license will be renewed? Thank you very much!

• Simon

They are usually renewed automatically for active testers. Try doing a manual Check For Updates as this also triggers a refresh with the licences server.

• Candi1
    edited March 2020

Thank you Simon! I appreciate the info. I tried checking for updates & it says it was last updated yesterday. But I clicked "check for updates" any way. But nothing happened. & it still says license expiring in a few days. I might try rebooting my computer & see if that does anything. It says I only have a few days left. I'll keep checking. Thank you!

• FergFrog
    FergFrog Posts: 1 Observer

I'm down to 5 days left and when I click the Renew link (see screen shot) I get a 403 Forbidden error in my web browser.

• Simon

I would suggest that you either PM @Ville or raise a bug report in the beta portal.

• Cale
    Cale Posts: 288 F-Secure Product Manager

No worries, I forwarded your message and the licenses will most likely be renewed on Monday.

-Cale

• Candi1

Thank you again Simon! I sent a quick message to Ville.

Thank you Cale! I'm not sure if you were replying to Ferfrog or both of us. I sent a quick message to Ville, just to be sure. But if you sent my message to him too, Thank you! I really hope the license will be renewed by Monday, since I believe that's my last day for my license to be renewed. I'm getting a little nervous. Thank you again!

This discussion has been closed.