FS protection 17.3

martink
martink Posts: 427 Influencer

On my Android 6 device I have FS protection 17.3.

This morning it notified me that it has been updated.

On the lw things in fmilock screen "Your device is protected" message keeps flashing.

When I try to open it I get the message Unfortunately F-Secure has stopped. Report / OK.

If I click report I do nto see any results except that the same notification reappears. Did it get reported if F-S Protectio nis not working?

Is that as designed?

How do I get rid of those two things?

Apparently reboot got rid of the Your device is protectd message and the other message about new things in Family rules.

Comments

• martink
    martink Posts: 427 Influencer

OK, thanks Ukko. I mark this as solved. That happened on the outskirts of the reception area and only once.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@martink wrote:

OK, thanks Ukko. I mark this as solved. That happened on the outskirts of the reception area and only once.

Hello,

Maybe you should not. For example,

-> there are no answers to your ask; it was only my own feedback (and experience with such trouble);

-> with my experience: trouble is not sorted. I reinstalled it multiple times (later) with tries like "from first as kids profile" or "from first as main profile" -> and always there are 'background'-based (invisible?!) crashes or visible ones. But I did not report under beta-portal (maybe needed).

Recent experience was about try with "from first as kids profile";

Result was 'invisible' crashes (only sound of potential crash; but not visible ability to close/restart or report). Much trouble was with trying to check photos (Photo application by Google?) -> when I open it and try to open/look any photo or switch them -> on-going sound of crash (as it was with visible crash screen).

Thanks!

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Just like updates about my experience (after some days and tries with reinstallation):

->> Crashes maybe stopped;

But first launch after restart device with troubles for launch FS Protection; For example, only after launch "Safe Browser" -> FS Protection is launched. BUT:

->> When I do use "product improvement data"-checkbox with "ON"-state: ability to report crash situation is visible. Recent experience was about crash at start device with further noted trouble with autolaunch FS Protection.

Thanks!

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser
    update without a glitch, smoth operation
This discussion has been closed.