F Secure turns off

F Secure starts at boot-up as I can see the Icon. But it turns off again and I can't restart it at all.

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sounds as something prevent proper work of F-Secure (as another software); Or/and F-Secure with some crashes for their processes.

But does your experience about stable F-Secure solution? Or about beta/technology-preview FS Protection?

And does you mean by "turns off" that tray-picture start be not visible too?

Thanks!

• billkilv
    billkilv Posts: 4 Observer

Hi

It is completely turned off and won't start from clicking the Icon.

Banking protection does not start when I go the that website as it normally does either

• Ukko

@billkilv wrote:

Hi

It is completely turned off and won't start from clicking the Icon.

Banking protection does not start when I go the that website as it normally does either

I able to think that possible to perform steps like:

--> Do create fsdiag:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Common-topics/How-do-I-create-an-FSDIAG-file/ta-p/18190

Then transfer it to F-Secure Support Channels (chat as example):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

If your experience about stable solution.

If your experience about FS Protection (technology preview/beta) -> to create report under beta.f-secure.com with description/fsdiag.

--> Re-check that any other security solutions is not installed (or potential other applications which able to break F-Secure);

And reinstall F-Secure (uninstall by Common steps; then maybe possible to use F-Secure Uninstallation Tool; then do clean installation).

Sounds as broken installation (or if important services/processes of F-Secure with troubles about launch). But good to know some more information (like system OS, does it happened after some date and so).

Thanks!

• billkilv
    billkilv Posts: 4 Observer

Thanks, I will try a re-install

It happened today for the first time

• Ukko

@billkilv wrote:

Thanks, I will try a re-install

It happened today for the first time

Good if you will back with reply about result!

• Ukko

So.. maybe it was update from TP to TP (if we talk about FS Protection).

OR stable F-Secure installation receive some updates with requirements for restart services. Good that you got work-status for system and F-Secure. :)

Good that time do fix it.

This discussion has been closed.