How do I install F-Secure SAFE on my PC?

Before you start installing F-Secure SAFE, make sure that:

• Your Windows is up to date.
  • You have uninstalled incompatible software(s) from another vendor.
  • You are logged on to your computer with administrative rights.
  • You have an active My F-Secure account. To create an account, see article How to create an account for My F-Secure?
  • You have an internet connection.

Note: These steps are to install F-Secure SAFE onto the computer you are currently using.

1. Log in to My F-Secure with your account username and password.
  2. In My F-Secure, select TOTAL apps in the top bar.
  3. On the My F-Secure dashboard, select SAFE.
  4. Select Add device. The Whose device do you want to protect? window appears.
  5. Select My device, and then select Continue. The Choose device type window appears.
  6. Select This computer, and then select Download for Windows.
  7. Depending on your browser:
    • The installer file downloads automatically; or
    • You are asked to save the file. If prompted, select Save File.
  8. Press Ctrl+J on your keyboard to open the download folder and find the file.
  9. Click on the installer file (for example, F-Secure-Safe-Network-Installer_xxxxxxxxxxxxx_.exe) to run the installer. If the User Account Control window appears, select Yes. Set-up takes place.
  10. Select Accept and continue to start the installation.

Note: The product automatically detects your default system language and sets the product to the same language. If you want to change the language to your preferred language, select the language via the top-left drop-down menu.

Note: If you want to contribute anonymous security data to F-Secure's Security Cloud, select the checkbox in the window.

11. Once the welcoming window opens, select Continue. The installation should take less than a minute.

F-Secure SAFE is now installed on your device, and your device is protected.

Pricing & Product Info

For product info and pricing please go to the F-Secure SAFE product page

Version history
Revision #:
31 of 31
Last update:
Thursday
Updated by:

Labels (6)
Tags (1)