Key refused in chrome extension on windows 10 64b

Ben_dur
Ben_dur Posts: 2 New Member

Hi community,

I try to install the extension of the password manager in chrome on a windows 10 64b and when I put the key it refuses.

This worked well with chrome on my windows 11.

Please do you know how to validate this key ?

Bonus question: it's impossible to have a chat with the support, any tips to contact them ?

Regards,

Ben

Answers

• TVC15
    TVC15 Posts: 50 Active Engager
    edited September 30

Hi @Ben_dur

Was this ever resolved? I did at one time have problems with Chrome and Windows 11 64-bit on one of my PC's in getting the code accepted. On 2 of my Windows 10 64-bit PC's it worked well (they were recent installs), so I'm not sure.

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the extension? Try restarting your PC and re-enter the code from the copy code option or manually copying and pasting it into the extension?

Otherwise, one of the Mods here may be able to help more, or ask to collect a log file, or send it into Support from the link in the app or from the top of this forum.

Chat Support can show offline at times, but if you wait for a second or two can refresh itself to show online. I haven't used it for a while, so I'm not sure if it's AI support, or live person support. I've always had good results in using phone support.

https://www.f-secure.com/en/support?utm_id=total-db-support

Kind regards.

F-Secure Total v19.6 on 4 Windows PC's and Android. Also, using the free version of Glasswire, just to monitor any apps. 1st outbound connection.

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 355 Moderator

Hello @Ben_dur

Please let us know if the tips from helped you solve the problem with activating the code on Chrome.

If you still have a problem, we'd be happy to look for a solution.

Best regards.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• Ben_dur
    Ben_dur Posts: 2 New Member

Hi,

No the problem is not resolved, uninstalling reinstalling didn't resolved the issue.

regards,

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 355 Moderator

Hello @Ben_dur

Thank you for your message.

In this regard, we will need diagnostic data from your device to get to the reason why on your device the code on Chrome is not accepted.

I will send you instructions for downloading the diagnostic data in a private message on the forum. Send the data file in a reply to a private message and not in a public post.

Check your inbox on the community forum.

Best regards

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

Pricing & Product Info