Mac App not working properly

Options
nxtintime
nxtintime Posts: 2 New Member

Hey, I have a few issues with the F-Secure total installation on my M1 Pro and Windows.

Only on Mac:
When trying to initialize the password manager, it asks me to create a master password, but it won't accept any password. It will literally say "This password is too easy to guess…", no matter what I type in.

On Windows (probably on Mac aswell):
When trying to use the password manager auto-fill extension on Mac. It will decline all Auth codes and will always say "invalid Authorization code" On Firefox it works fine, but I'd like to use my Arc browser or at least chrome.

Cheers,
Tobi

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @nxtintime

We welcome you to our forum. Thank you for your post.
    Regarding the first problem, we are atkutally in the process of analyzing it to find the cause and the solution. We are collecting diagnostic data from the affected devices all the time. Therefore, we will greatly appreciate if you send us the diagnostic data from our program on your device.
    I will send you instructions on how to collect diagnostic data in a private message on the forum.

As for the second problem, autofill is currently supported on the following browsers: Edge, Chrome and Firefox.
    Arc Browser is not supported. Therefore, if you have Chrome then after installing the extension and pasting the code auto completion should work.
    Did you have the code authorization problem on Chrome browser?
    If so, please contact us and we will take care of the problem.

Have a good one.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

Answers

• nxtintime
    nxtintime Posts: 2 New Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response!

Yes i tried traditional chrome aswell and had the same issue. And if normal google chrome works, shouldn't browsers like Arc or Brave also work since they're chromium based and also use the chrome store?

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Options

Hi @nxtintime

Thank you for your response.

As for Arc or Brave browsers, we do not support them and cannot give guarantees that our extension will work properly on them.

On the other hand, as far as the Chrome browser is concerned, autofill should work. If there was a problem on your device with accepting in the extension for Chrome then please do the following.

Check if all updates have been performed in Chrome.

Uninstall the extension and clean up Cash and browser cookies.

Reinstall the extension using the link in F-Secure settings.

Insert the generated code in the extension.

If the problem persists, please write if it only affects your Mac device, or if you have the same problem on Windows.

Have a good one!

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone