Switching/Upgrading from F-Secure Anti-Virus to Total

Options
bluecat
bluecat Posts: 9 Explorer
edited May 2 in F-Secure Total

Hello, I received a notification today that my existing product F-Secure Anti-Virus will be discontinued and replaced with F-Secure Total.

• I only need the anti-virus protection on Windows. Can I disable the other features of Total?
  • The popup advertise, that I could use my current subscription with the new Total. How can I change my subscription? I have created a "My F-Secure" account, but it is not linked to my current license. My current license runs until 01.02.24

Thanks you!

Accepted Answer

• CarolinaC
    CarolinaC Posts: 96 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @bluecat,

Thank you for contacting us through the Community Portal. I see that you have contacted the German support team via chat and I even assisted you. I have already activated your TOTAL subscription with the retail code and transferred the remaining time of the Anti-Virus subscription to your My F-Secure account. You should have received an email from me with the confirmation and installation instructions by now.

Best regards!

Answers

• bluecat
    Options

Yes, correct. It was a really quick and friendly support. Everything working fine now!

• crenshaw26
    crenshaw26 Posts: 3 Observer
    Options

I have a similiar question. I used Anti-Virus because I want the "small solution" and no additional software like firewalls, filters, passwordsafes, VPN, ...

Currently I cannot use Anti-Virus anymore. When I start a scan it says the license was removed. But according to the KB article the product should work till 30.11.2023.

I'm not willing to upgrade to another product and install additional software I don't want.

We have a valid contract for this product, so I expect that you provide the product I paid for.

And I also do not like that I have to ask for help in the community because chat support says "no agent available". Again I'm paying for your software.

• bluecat
    Options

I switched to "Total" and you can deactivate the modules you don't want to use. For me, I only want to use the Anti-Virus too. It's possible, and the new app seems to be lightweight.

What is annoying, is after deactivating the other modules, I get from time to time a warning that “important” features are deactivated. There is a "ignore" function, but this seems to be bugged for me. I just opened another thread for this:

https://community.f-secure.com/en/discussion/127253/too-many-notifications-from-f-secure-total#latest

• crenshaw26
    Options

At the end 'm not willing to pay a higher price for functionalities I will deactivate. My current subscription will end on 21.11.203.

And especially because of how F-Securer is acting at the moment I will definitly not buy an other product.

If they would like to discontinue a product they should allingn that with the subscriptions they have already sold. Or as alternative give money back.

And why do they say the product should work until 30.11.2023 if this is obviously not true. I cannot scan anymore. It is telling me the the license was removed. The only support I get is via chat but I have tried it many times but no agent joins.

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,719 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @crenshaw26

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your comment.

Yes, the F-Secure Anti-Virus is reaching its end of life and we are offering a free upgrade to our customer for F-Secure Total. However, if you are not wishing to use the F-Secure Total, we would be happy to assist you to change it to F-Secure Internet Security only. F-Secure Internet Security is basically an anti-virus program with the browsing and banking protection.

To assist you in this situation, you may follow the prompt to create an account as guided in this link: Switching from the old F-Secure Internet Security or Anti-Virus product to F-Secure Total - F-Secure Community. Once done, just let me know, we will help you to change the product from F-Secure Total to F-Secure Internet Security.

@bluecat

We will look into this matter and further discussion will be discussed on your post.

Thank you and have a good day.

• crenshaw26
    Options

First of all, why is F-Secure telling the product will work till 30.11.2023? The status of the software is currently undefined. When I open F-Secure Anti-Virus now I does not show me any error, warning or info. Even the message that I should upgrade is away. But when I try to scan it always says the license is removed.

So is this product still working or not? We are talking about a security software I should trust. And you are working hard that I cannot trust F-Secure anymore.

And why does the F-Secure says "upgrade to Total" if Internet Security is more related to Anti-Virus? Bad guys could say because it will give F-Secure additional 10 EUR after the first renewal.

I'm very disappointed how F-Secure is handling the situation.

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @crenshaw26

Thank you for your reply.

First of all, why is F-Secure telling the product will work till 30.11.2023?

It appears that your subscription is active until a specific date. To provide more precise assistance, we'll need your subscription code, which will help us access further details.

The status of the software is currently undefined. When I open F-Secure Anti-Virus now I does not show me any error, warning or info. Even the message that I should upgrade is away. But when I try to scan it always says the license is removed.

I'd like to inform you that the application will continue to receive support until November 30th, 2023, as indicated in this article: https://community.f-secure.com/internet-security-en/kb/articles/29661-switching-from-the-old-f-secure-internet-security-or-anti-virus-product-to-f-secure-total. However, we recommend our users transition to the new F-Secure Total well in advance to ensure a smooth and trouble-free experience when that date arrives. Regarding the removed license, we'll need to investigate this further, so I've sent you a private message. Please share the code with me for a more thorough check.

So is this product still working or not? .

I want to reassure you that the program remains fully functional and continues to receive updates until November 30th, 2023.

And why does the F-Secure says "upgrade to Total" if Internet Security is more related to Anti-Virus?

F-Secure Total represents our new product, combining what used to be three separate applications into one convenient app. This single app includes Internet Security, VPN, and Password Manager, offering an all-in-one solution. As an added benefit, we're providing this new product to our users at no extra cost.

For further information, feel free to visit this link: F-Secure's offering as of February 14, 2023 - F-Secure Community.

However, if you'd rather continue using F-Secure Internet Security, we respect your choice and are here to assist you with that.

Thank you, and I wish you a fantastic day ahead.

• Labello
    Labello Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

Dear Support!

I had an AV subscription before I create an account, it's still valid until 12.24.2024 but now it's gone when I have tried tp upgrade it to Total and it's expiring this december. I have the previous key but the account is not accepted that. What should I do? I can send you the key via e-mail if it helps, just write me the adress.

Thanks!

Labello

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @Labello

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your comment.

Could you please confirm if you followed the guidelines to create the account from the notification within the app? It seems that the account created was for a trial account instead. Since you've already created the account, we recommend deleting that account first and then following the instructions in the links provided below:

If you encounter any difficulties in transferring the subscription, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

This discussion has been closed.