Too many notifications from F-Secure Total

Options
bluecat
bluecat Posts: 9 Explorer

Dear F-Secure Team,

I recently upgraded from Anti-Virus to F-Secure Total 19.1.

I deactivated some features like Webscan, VPN, Safe Browsing etc. because I don't want to use them. After the first time I start F-Secure or a new Browser I get a notification that some important features are deactivated. I checked the box "dont remind me again" and "ignore".

But still, after some days I get the notification again that some important features are disabled. Is it possible to completely deactivated this notifications? I want the program runs silently in the background - that worked very well with AntiVirus before. I disabled every possible setting I could find, that the messages don't appear again and again, but it didn't helped.

It would be nice if you consider this feature for further updates. Thank you!

Accepted Answer

Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

This is exactly the same code that was running with AntiVirus product so it's hard to say what is causing this bug now. Which browser is it notifying about? If you have multiple instances of the browser, make sure all instances have the extension installed or not installed. If you have multiple profiles in a browser, make sure all profiles have the extension installed or not installed. Having mixed states can sometimes confuse the logic. Additionally, we have implemented even more improvements to this in next release coming soon.

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

Answers

• bluecat
    Options

I'm using Firefox. Not all notifications are related to the browser. One notifications which i clicked away many times is about the web data filtering which i deactivated (not sure about the correct wording which is used in the settings).

I can understand that there is a warning notification if I deactivate something, but after I use the ignore button for it, it should not remind me again about the same stuff.

• bluecat
    Options

i already checked "Dont ask me again" but still, every week this notification comes and want me to turn on webdata-scan. Can this be fixed? It's annoying .. i want F-Secure to be a quiet helper in the back.

Options

The notification about disabled feature should stay away if you selected "Do not ask again" and dismissed it. However, if you later turn this feature on and then off again, this is considered a new instance of the issue and the previous "Do not ask again" does not apply. If the feature has been turned off all the time, then this is a bug.

• bluecat
    Options

Thank you for your answer. I select every time "Do not ask again", but it will pop up again. I never touched the feature again. It's always off. So it looks like a bug. Would be great if you can look into it and fix it in some update :-)!

Thank you!

• bluecat
    Options

Is it still being on the road map for being fixed? The popup still comes every few days ...

Options

This does not reproduce in our test environment and nobody else has reported issue like this. So unless you contact support and provide logs (collected by Support Tool) there is nothing we can do, since we don't understand what goes wrong.

• bluecat
    Options

I will provide the logs to the customer-care e-mail address. I have the same behavior on two different computers with deactivated web-scan. Maybe it's only me who deactivated this feature 😅

Options

I got the bug report through customer care and identified and fixed a rare bug that causes this to happen. Unfortunately it was just a couple of days too late to make it into next release (19.3), so you will have to wait for a while until the release after that comes out (19.4). I can't promise any definite date for that but our goal is to have that out by summer.