Switching from the old F-Secure Internet Security or Anti-Virus product to F-Secure Total
The old F-Secure Internet Security and Anti-Virus products (launched before 14.2.2023) will soon be reaching end of life. This article walks you through the steps needed to move from the old products to F-Secure Total.
F-Secure Internet Security and F-Secure Anti-Virus products will be discontinued, and existing customers will be upgraded to F-Secure Total, our most comprehensive protection. As of December 1, 2023, no new installations or reinstallations will be possible for these products, and existing installations will not receive any new product version updates.
Note: The existing installations will continue to get virus definition updates, ensuring that all devices using these products will stay protected until May 2024. Starting December 2023, our support for these product has ended, but you will get assistance in upgrading to F-Secure Total if needed.
To stay protected, upgrade to F-Secure Total and get improved protection for the remainder of your subscription period at no additional cost. The subscription will cover all your devices, regardless of their platform.
With the new product, you don't need a license key. When you upgrade to the new product, you'll be guided to create an F-Secure account, which allows you to manage your subscription and product installations using the My F-Secure service.
As soon as the upgrade is available to you, you'll see the end-of-life notification on the product's main view. To upgrade to F-Secure Total:
- On the product's main view, select the Learn more link in the end-of-life notification.
Note: If you want to know more, select the More details... link in the notification. The Continue your protection page opens.
- Scroll down the page and select Create an account. The Create an account window opens.
- Enter the required data and select Accept and create account. Once the account has been created, the My F-Secure page opens and your subscription will be updated automatically to F-Secure Total. Also, the F-Secure Total app will be installed automatically on your Windows device(s).
- Go to the F-Secure app and activate your account on the device by selecting Log in in the top-right corner and entering the account credentials that you created in the previous step. Now the following features are available to you: People and Devices, Family Rules, Password Vault, ID Monitoring, and Privacy VPN. You will also be notified of tasks you need to complete, such as setting up browser extensions, to stay fully protected.
- Restart your computer to finalize the upgrade.
Note: If for some reason your app does not update automatically in step 3, first uninstall your old app and install again from the My F-Secure page.
See the above steps in a video:
The video has no voiceover. To turn on the subtitles for the video, click the Captions (CC) icon in the lower-right corner of the video screen. To select other language subtitles, if any, click the Settings icon, then select the preferred language.
If you need assistance in upgrading to F-Secure Total, contact our customer support.
For detailed information about the F-Secure app, the My F-Secure service and on how to install the app on other devices running on other platforms, see the related topics.