Scan Button in Context Menu after upgrade to W10 missing

Burkhard
Burkhard Posts: 2 New Member

Upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 19

f-secure safe

Windows 8.1 was supporting Virus scan on a File from the context Menu.

After upgrading in place to windows 10 in the context menu the f-secure scan button is not available.

What was happened?

Thanks

Accepted Answer

Answers

• Burkhard
    Burkhard Posts: 2 New Member

Hy Firmy,

thanks for your help

Sorry,

File System is NTFS and there is no Button to click in the context menue for f-secure scanning.

Burkhard

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am sure that something like that was discussed before (with a right solution) ... however, cannot find right search query for getting it (for now).

The very easiest way to check or troubleshoot situation is F-Secure SAFE reinstallation. Maybe some re-registration or something is required for a proper Virus Scan entry in Context menu.

If your experience is about Windows 10 (not Windows 11) - such option should be there as usual. At least, valid for my installations.

Or maybe Windows 10 with some requirements about updates or hotfixes to currently installed build.

// some other topic with related references:

If assistance with F-Secure SAFE reinstallation is required - you could back with a reply.

In general, I could suggest uninstalling it by common way (system Control panel), then maybe to perform clean up (by F-Secure Uninstallation Tool: Support tools | F-Secure), then install it back as a clean installation. With system restarts in between.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info