Can not connect Skype application using Freedome in Mac

Cesar
Cesar Posts: 3 New Member

Hello everybody:

I am using a F-Secure Freedome trial version but I have problems with Skype in Mac. Every time that I need to work with the Skype application in my Macbook Pro (OS X 10.11.6) I have to deactivate Freedome to have a connection in Skype.

Do you know if I have to do something in the configuration Skype or Freedome? How can I solve this problem?

I hope you can help me.

Cesar

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi  Cesar, welcome to our Community!

Is the skype application opening properly when Freedome is turned on? Are you having connection issues in Skype only when placing a call (with Freedome turned on)?

Or are you not able to open or message in Skype at all when Freedome is on?

Does it happen with all the locations in Freedome?

• Cesar

Hi Laksh, thanks for your answer. My comments are:

- The Skype application is opening properly when Freedome is turned on but in all the conversations appears a banner with a title "connecting.."

- I can open conversations and I can send new or receive messages but it is no immediately

- I didn't try all the locations of Freedome and I prefer to keep my current location.

I hope you can help me. If not, I can turn off Freedome every time I use Skype.

• Laksh

Hi Cesar,

It would be good if we can have a look at the error message exactly to assist further. Could you only provide us a screenshot of the error message (in the banner) seen in skype (excluding any personal information)?

• Cesar

It's only a text saying "Connecting"... I can not attach the image. Please, could you give me an email to send it?

• Laksh

Hi Cesar,

I did a quick check with our Product team regarding your issue. We would like to know which location you prefer to use in your Freedome along with the logs from your device in order to investigate further.

Please create a support request with our team with your logs and location preference information and mention about the Community post. Once you have created your case, please pass me the case number via Private Message so that I can highlight it to our team.

• Ellieus
    Ellieus Posts: 1 New Member

Hey!

Has this been solved? I'm having the same problem. Still in the trial period of Freedome. I like it and hope there's an easy solution.

Elisabeth

• Laksh

Hi @Ellieus,

Please open a support request as mentioned in the above post along with the logs for further investigation.

• TS1
    TS1 Posts: 3 New Member
    I also have the same issue. I want to send the logs to customer support, but I cannot see how to do this.  On the "Support" page, it lists articles which don't help, and then gives me options to browse the community (which I've done), phone (lines are closed) or chat (lines are closed). Is there really no email address to contact support?  
  • Laksh

Hi TS1,

We would like to focus our efforts to provide quality support directly via a live contact support to our customers. This will help us to serve you faster and more effectively via a phone or chat.

As mentioned in the support page, please get in touch with us via phone or chat to troubleshoot further.

• Mac_User
    Mac_User Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm still waiting for the answer for the exact same problem. Latest Freedome and Skype still causing problems.
  • TS1

Hello Laksh,

If your phone lines or chat were open when I'm not at work, then I'd happily connect.  As it is, there is no email support at all, and all I can do is wait for someone here to post an answer.

The UK phone lines are open from 9-18.  I'm not at home near to my machine at that time.  I would call the US number to get support in English from over there in the evenings, but since my skype isn't working, that's not a lot of use either.

The chat is 6-16 GMT, but again, I'm on my way to work then.  So much for "efforts to provide quality support directly via a live contact support to our customers".  If you cared about support, you would at least have another time-zone with a chat support.

I cannot even find out how to register a complaint or cancel a subscritpion.  It's beginning to look like a scam to be honest.

Meanwhile, it is clear that several people have identical issues, so I'm surprised that the solution to the original poster's problem has not been posted here for others to try themselves.

If you know what I can do to troubleshoot the problem, please let me know.

Thanks,

Tim

• Laksh

Hi Tim,

Thank you for bringing us your concern about contacting support. I will get back to you via Private Message for discussing further.

Hi @Mac_User,

Have you tried to contact our support and provide the logs in order to troubleshoot further?

• TS1

Hello Laksh,

Thanks for your prompt response and private message.  Unfortunately, I cannot fully open the private message to read it in any of 3 different browsers.  There's probably a "reply" button at the bottom but I cannot scroll down to read it.

Never mind.

• Strely
    Strely Posts: 1 New Member

I have exactly the same problem  : I am using a F-Secure Freedome trial version, and eEvery time that I need to work with the Skype application in my Macbook Pro I have to deactivate Freedome to have a connection in Skype.

Thank you for reponse

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info