F-SIS Turn off all security features not working

If I try the 'Turn off all security features' option, it appears to work but the progress bar never completes and all features remain on.

Windows 7 SP1 home FS-IS 16.5

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply.

Since such situation not designed there - I able to think about next meanings:

---> If you want "troubleshooting" it - there will be useful:

- create fsdiag by F-Secure Support Tool and then contact direct F-Secure Support Channels;

With your description/steps for repeat trouble and fsdiag (after repeat-steps) -> maybe it can be useful for Support to investigate reasons;

---> If you able to try own steps to play around this:

- I have some situations with view, when "Turn off" progress bar will stuck - but about other OS and just as temporary limitation. So maybe you able to clarify - if this situation is "stable" with your experience?

Restart system did not helpful there? Or maybe during this tries there another "visible" loading/using system resources at background or by some other software?

- If restart or "re-try" did not work and it stable-trouble; Maybe you able try there... just "re-installing" F-Secure IS (?!); if subscription-licence-key is known for you - there should not be any additional troubles with reactivating it;

---> does there any reasons for using "Turn off all security features"?

- since there trouble with using such feature -> maybe there available another workarounds?

F-Secure IS should be with exclusion lists for scanning; also there should be "allow/deny list of websites" - which can be helpful for re-fix false positive detections;

If there some compatibility troubles - maybe you able to re-check "DeepGuard" settings about "Compatibility mode" as first try; And if it helpful - there possible other more proper steps;

Also F-Secure IS should be with 'Gaming mode' - which will be useful for save some system resources when it activated;

Or maybe some other requirements for disabling F-Secure IS?

Thanks. 

• Jinky67
    Jinky67 Posts: 3 New Member

Hi and thank you for the suggestions, I think I will submit a fsdiag to support.

First I have a possible conflict, I have a problem with recently installed Malwarebytes version 3 which seems to not like F-Secure IS, it no longer runs after restarting my computer- I'm awaiting a reply from Malwarebytes support.

The reason I had wanted to disable all security features was to see if that might help with this possible conflict.

Thanks again, much obliged.

• Jinky67
    Jinky67 Posts: 3 New Member

Thanks, your solution worked and was the same solution that Malwarebytes support suggested.

So, I now have a functioning Malwarebytes 3 installation and F-Secure IS is working as expected, including the ability to 'Turn off all security features' as per my initial query :)

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@Jinky67 wrote:

Thanks, your solution worked and was the same solution that Malwarebytes support suggested.

So, I now have a functioning Malwarebytes 3 installation and F-Secure IS is working as expected, including the ability to 'Turn off all security features' as per my initial query :)

Good that it worked! :)

But I able to expect that Malwarebytes support should suggest to exclude only certain their files (not full folder - what suggested by me.. as I did not re-check which certain files there enough to exclude);

Such meanings also confirmed by this topic: https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/MalwareBytes-and-F-Secure-No/td-p/94461 (where user noted that Malwarebytes support advices are to exclude certain files and some other suggestions);

Partly... "excluded" only certain files much better, than full folder of Malwarebytes (but with common situations and in general meanings there should be small difference );

Good that it you back with result!

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info