Sending AND receiving mails (Mac) not possible with FD turned ON.

hanswurst
hanswurst Posts: 57 Observer

It is not possible to receive and send email when Freedome is turned ON.

I had this problem with the last version of MacOS, and still with Sierra. I use the newest version of FD.

I use POP3 and i have only mail accounts for my own domains (what means I do not use gmail or yahoo).

With same Email setting it is no problem to send and receive mails on my mobile device and iPad. The problem occurs only on the Mac.

Any ideas what to do?

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi hanswurst,

Is there any error message seen when trying to retrieve or send e-mails?

• hanswurst

I have about 7 pop3 mail accounts.

checking for new mails (all accounts at the same time) 2 to 3 accounts can not get checked (triangle with ! beside the mailaccountadress).

error message: not possible to create a ssl connection to the server "xxx" by using the standart ports.

• hanswurst

and: "stop tracking" and "protect browser" in FD are OFF, but same problem with mail when ON

• Laksh

Hi hanswurst,

Could you please check this KB article as this has similar information about sending emails with Freedome on.

However, in your case, you have mentioned you are using POP3. Could you please try to send/receive email with another location and report to us if the issue persists?

• hanswurst

@Laksh wrote:

Hi hanswurst,

Could you please check this KB article as this has similar information about sending emails with Freedome on.

However, in your case, you have mentioned you are using POP3. Could you please try to send/receive email with another location and report to us if the issue persists?

Hello.

the article is only about sending mails. but it is also not possible to receive mails. well, it is but not permanetly and not for all accounts at the same time. some months ago i changed the ports but still had poblems sending and receiving mails. the isp did not understand the problem and said it is not their problem.

at the moment i can not change the location. but i remember that i tried it already (with an older version) and i had the same problem(s).

c.

• hanswurst

Oh, I understood now what you meant with "location". Yes, I changed to others but with the same problem(s).

• hanswurst

oh, another info: with absolute same settings (email and freedome) sending AND receiving mails works perfect with iphone and ipad. only the mac is not happy with it :-(.

• Laksh

Thanks for the further inputs, @hanswurst! In this case, it might need detailed analysis with our support team. If you can get any logs from your mail client about these failures, it would probably help us to investigate the issue.

Please get in touch with our support team via phone or chat to troubleshoot this further.

• hanswurst

i tried several times to contact the chat support but i have to wait and wait and  wait and wait while reading "A support representative will be with you shortly."

• Laksh

Hi hanswurst,

I will get back to you via private message to discuss further.

• hanswurst

I called the support in Germany and spoke to Piotr Czyzewski. He explaind how to create a diagnitic file - which I send yesterday.

• Laksh

That's good to hear! Could you please send me the case number in private message so that I can tag your post along?

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info