FS Protection PC Release 159

This release contains following applications:

• Common Component Framework 2.59.156
  • Antivirus 14.159.100
  • Browsing protection 2.159 build 3933

New features

Browsing Protection:

• Block page has a link to report false positive urls to F-Secure.

Changed features

Antivirus:

• Default actions for handling Riskware are now "Quarantine" for on-demand scanning and "Handle automatically" for on-access scanning. Both on-access and on-demand cleaning will result that the riskware infection is moved to quarantine repository. Previously, this setting was "Skip" for on-demand scanning and "Block the application for now" for on-access scanning which resulted that the riskware was not cleaned from computer with default settings.

Browsing Protection:

• Banking protection flyer covers less space from screen when minimized. Also layout updated.

Fixed issues

Common:

• Uninstall dialog layout issues (CTS-97376)

Antivirus:

• Wrong title stored to recent events (CTS-97389)
  • No confirmation dialog on "Do not block the application" OAS prompt (CTS-97322)
  • FSMA crashes (CTS-97135)
  • SAFE_BUG-01147: Deepguard application details radio button texts disappears (CTS-97392)
  • Turning on Real-Time protection fails (CTS-97414)
  • Command prompt flash during uninstallation (CTS-97375)
  • OAS disabling from WSC does not work in all cases (CTS-97424)

Browsing Protection:

• Banking flyer does not show fully when click icon from task bar (CTS-97316)
  • Browser extension status seems to have stopped working in Windows 10 (CTS-97311)

Dropped features:

Common:

• Windows XP support is ending soon. We no longer accept bug reports from Windows XP. This version still installs on XP.

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

All seems to have installed without issue.  My only comment so far is that perhaps it's time to update the 'Snow' theme, although, I don't know what the weather is currently like in Finland!  Smiley Wink

@Simon

New theme is already done but it just missed this TP release. Our defense is that there is still snow around the office. Smiley Happy

(F-Secure R&D)

• Simon

Smiley Happy

I wasn't too bothered by the banking protection banner before, but it's nicely concealed now.  Has anything else changed with BP though?  It's just that my banking site seems to be opening more slowly than usual at the moment.  Will monitor and see how it goes.

• Tuula_fs
    Tuula_fs Posts: 52 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Simon,

there has been no logic changes in BP, so there should not be any speed changes. Please do monitor and if the slowlyness continues, we'll check it out.

Tuula

• Nyo_Lc
    Nyo_Lc Posts: 1 New Member
    hello, when will by the final version release?

@Nyo_Lc

This is an ongoing beta program. When we are happy with the quality it will be a release version. Typically we do 3 releases every year. It will still take time and preparation for the release version to get updated to F-Secure SAFE and F-Secure Internet Security.

(F-Secure R&D)

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser

how come BP may start even on no commercial/banking sites ? it seems to be trigger happy

@yeoldfart

Please submit problematic URLs through https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/submit-a-sample#sample-url.

(F-Secure R&D)

• yeoldfart

ok I did not have th proper reaction

• Simon

I've just submitted http://www.base.com as a url which triggers BP, when I don't believe it should - at least, not before logging into an account, or entering the checkout.  It's the only one I regularly have this with, and it's been happening for some time, but I've not thought to submit it before.

• yeoldfart

the difficult thing is to reproduce this thing as it is erratic, I'll send the next one, if any

This discussion has been closed.