freedome subscription problem

2»

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Noele,

May I know how many devices are currently using your Freedome license? And on which device are you trying to install Freedome? When you mention the device is rejecting the Freedome program, may I know what is the error message seen?

• Noele
    Noele Posts: 3 New Member

NO 

No one has helped me with this at all. 

Thank you

@Laksh wrote:

Hi Noele,

May I know how many devices are currently using your Freedome license? And on which device are you trying to install Freedome? When you mention the device is rejecting the Freedome program, may I know what is the error message seen?

I have 2 laptops with Windows 10 and its installed on my ipad. There is no error message that I get the product just stops working. Freedome will just stop working and I will quit working and I will quit the product and it will not open again. On the other laptop and ipad it works just fine. The last time I uninstalled the program from my laptop I ran a boot scan anti-virus and malware to see if there was something that was prohibiting it from working correctly and there is nothing on this laptop stopping this program from working correctly. This laptop has the same programs as the other laptop has on it. 

Thank you

• Laksh

Hi Noele,

Since there is no error message seen with the program but it just stops working, I would recommend to open a support request so that our support team can have a look at the issue. Please provide all the details of the issue happening, as this will help them to continue troubleshooting.

• Noele
    Noele Posts: 3 New Member

ok but in the meantime I have no secure tracking on this computer because this ID doesnt work 

XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

thanks  

EDIT: REMOVE PERSONAL DATA

• Turisti98765
    Turisti98765 Posts: 2 New Member

I have same issue. I'd like to change license from an iPhone to iPad, but I cannot make the transfer. How can I do this?

• Laksh

Hi @Turisti98765,

Can I know if you have purchased a multi license subscription or an app store subscription for Freedome? How many devices are currently having Freedome installed?

• Turisti98765
    Turisti98765 Posts: 2 New Member

Hi,

it's a multi-device subscription for 3 devices.  I'm using freedome on 1 mac, 1 iphone and 1 iPad.  

I had it installed on one iphone before but wanted to install it to another iPhone instead, which worked fine, but suddenly iPad stopped working - prompts to purchase more licenses even after I insert the license code.

I've removed freedome completely from the iPad and the first iPhone, which should mean I have 2/3 devices in use.  However, the uninstalling doesn't release the subscription to be used on another device.  

This device based installation method to check subscriptions would mean that if my current iPhone or Mac breaks and I need to install freedome again I cannot get it to run anymore.  

I think the subscription should work in such way that it understand how many devices currently subscribe to the same code, not how many times it has been installed.

• Laksh

Hi Turisti98765,

As per the article here, Freedome will ask for a license tranfer in your Windows and Mac versions only (at the moment). However, as per the details in the article, you can choose the transfer option in your Mac device which will enable the Freedome subscription to reset itself; and all licenses are released from all of your Freedome installations. The device you are installing Freedome on, consumes the first license from your subscription. All your other devices with Freedome installed automatically obtain the available remaining licenses when they connect to Freedome servers.

In your case, you may try to uninstall and reinstall with the latest verison of Freedome on your Mac and the product will ask for the license transfer. Once you initiate the transfer, you can validate the license on your iPad device after validating the license on your Mac.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info