365 days promotion code changed to only 7 days left

4ndre
4ndre Posts: 2 New Member
Hi,

I got a promo code for Freedome a while back and it has been working fine. Now the Freedome app on my Mac shows that there are only 7 days left. Some time ago it was still many month. Can you tell me what’s going on? Was that change part of an update?

Kind regards
4ndre

Comments

• SkyBadger
    SkyBadger Posts: 8 New Member

Same situation here, but mine ended today.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi SkyBadger and 4ndre,

May I know how you got the Promo code for Freedome?

• 4ndre
    4ndre Posts: 2 New Member

About 3 month ago I got a code through https://mysafe.f-secure.com/portal/coupon/share/freedome in an e-mail from no-replies@message.f-secure.com which I then had to enter into Freedome on my Mac before 09-30-2015.

• SkyBadger
    That was the same offer I had gotten mine through.
  • drvofix
    drvofix Posts: 9 New Member

Same here, my 365 days subscription disappeared, and now I have only 2 days left. Can someone please check what’s going on!?

• Blowis
    Blowis Posts: 1 New Member

Hi my 365days promotion changed to 3 days

• abzjji
    abzjji Posts: 1 New Member

Same issue here as the ones mentioned above. Used to have way over 1 year left on my subscription and then suddenly after the last update it drops to only a few days left Smiley Frustrated

• SkyBadger
    I'm really hoping they aren't intentionally revoking it to sucker you into buying a membership after only 3 months of what supposed to be a year membership.
  • drvofix
    Is there someone from F-Secure to answer on this problem?! F-Secure promised 1 year but we have only 3 moths. :/
  • drvofix
    Unfortunately it looks like that is the case... nobody from F-Secure is trying to response on this problem. :/
  • CC89
    CC89 Posts: 2 New Member

I got exactly same problem

• Laksh

Hello Everyone,

We are now in the process of expiring the Freedome subscription codes that are linked to trial F-Secure SAFE licenses, as the free 1-year Freedome subscription was only for customers who purchased F-Secure SAFE from the campaign. These Freedome subscriptions will be expired over the next few weeks.

When we expire these Freedome subscriptions, your Freedome subscription will expire 7 days after this. If multiple Freedome subscription codes have been used on the same device, your installation will expire one week after we expire the subscription.

Multi-platform Freedome subscriptions are available from our web pages at https://freedome.f-secure.com/. Single platform subscriptions can be purchased for Apple iPad and iPhones from the Apple App Store and for Android devices from the Google Play Store.

• drvofix
    I don't know what are you talking about Laksh... my Freedom code wasn't linked to anything. So this is plain bull**bleep**. Are you going to give it back to us, or what?
  • Laksh

Hi @drvofix,

May I know how you got your Freedome code?  Was it purchased from F-Secure directly?

• SkyBadger
    Well, that's is pretty terrible. Being promised a 1-year sub and then having it cancelled 3 months in is not a way to attract customers.
  • drvofix
    Hi @Laksh,

Aliens gave it to me. Smiley Very Happy
    It wasn't purchased, it was a promo campaign code 1 year free subscription only for Freedome F-Secure.
    The link from some (I can't remember now, it was more from 3 months ago) GiveAway page to your site, and yes, I got it from you. I can send you the voucher code on PM so you can see it.

You should be straight and tell people, OK we'll give you 3 months free and that's it... no problems. But F-Secure promised 1 year free subscription, and now you changed your mind and shorten it to 3 months. It's not very great strategy.

Anyway, I'm not gonna beg you here for giving back what you promised (by the way, I'm not the only one)... it's just one big minus for your company. If you want to be serious company, then act like one and be careful what are you promising to the customers.

Regarding your Fredomee VPN... it was totally OK, stable connection, good speed... hope you're going to grow into serious and reliable company.

Good luck, and have fun making your wallets fatter. :)

• towelie
    towelie Posts: 1 New Member

Hello,

I have the same problem here.

I got three coupons from this link here, for family and me : https://mysafe.f-secure.com/portal/coupon/share/freedome (which is not valid anymore).

Nothing stated that it was linked to any additionnal subscription - and it's certainly not the right way to revoke what you promised after only three months.

It is very bad publicity for your company : I was really satisfied so far by this trial and was planning on buying your VPN service afterwards, but this decision is really disappointing.

I hope you choose to tackle this in a smarter way.

• Loggit
    Loggit Posts: 1 New Member

Oh my [*].  What extraordinary behaviour, handled extraordinarily  Robot Embarassed

I... I'm not really sure what else to say, perhaps because right now I can't think of anything much beyond: what an incredible HN post this shall be, Front Page of the Internet maybe?  I fully screen doxxed signup Cat Tongue

Confirming my 1 year subscription has been quietly "expired".  My iOS app has also now begun serving pop-up ads for other software.

The irony embedded is pure gold

@Laksh wrote:

Hi @drvofix,

May I know how you got your Freedome code?  Was it purchased from F-Secure directly?

@Laksh wrote:

Hi @drvofix,

@Laksh wrote:
    Hello Everyone,

We are now in the process of expiring the Freedome subscription codes that are linked to trial F-Secure SAFE licenses, as the free 1-year Freedome subscription was only for customers who purchased F-Secure SAFE from the campaign. These Freedome subscriptions will be expired over the next few weeks.

When we expire these Freedome subscriptions, your Freedome subscription will expire 7 days after this. If multiple Freedome subscription codes have been used on the same device, your installation will expire one week after we expire the subscription.

Multi-platform Freedome subscriptions are available from our web pages at https://freedome.f-secure.com/. Single platform subscriptions can be purchased for Apple iPad and iPhones from the Apple App Store and for Android devices from the Google Play Store.

• RamilCab15
    RamilCab15 Posts: 1 New Member

Same here. I got the same promotion for 365 but now it shows it's expiring in 8 days.

Regards,
    Ramil

• SkyBadger
    That's F-Secure for you.
  • SkyBadger

Loggit wrote:

Oh my [*].  What extraordinary behaviour, handled extraordinarily  Robot Embarassed

I... I'm not really sure what else to say, perhaps because right now I can't think of anything much beyond: what an incredible HN post this shall be, Front Page of the Internet maybe?  I fully screen doxxed signup Cat Tongue

Confirming my 1 year subscription has been quietly "expired".  My iOS app has also now begun serving pop-up ads for other software. 

That's F-Secure for you.

• Victek
    Victek Posts: 2 New Member

Hello,

Regarding the one year offer for Freedome I found it here:

http://www.windowsdeal.com/w/f%E2%80%91secure-freedome-vpn-1-year-vip-100-discount/

There was no mention of the deal requiring a subscription to another product.  Was this offer made by mistake?  It would be nice if you would offer users who accepted this "deal" in good faith a discount on a Freedome subsciption.

• drvofix
    Yes, that's it, that is the place I found it too.
    I don't think they want to help us in any way.
  • SLIMSHADDY1
    SLIMSHADDY1 Posts: 1 New Member

SOMEONE KIND ENOUGH SHOULD PLEASE HELP ME WITH A CODE ...PLS AM DESPERATE 

• xma
    xma Posts: 1 New Member

That’s prove we can’t trust all f-secure product.

• Spirou
    Spirou Posts: 2 New Member

Hello
    I had a promotion of 2 x 1 year (720 days) and it increased to three days for no apparent reason.
    Does F-Secure Freedome decided to cancel its promotions? in this case it would not be very encouraging for business or buy a code.
    If it's a bug, I'd like F-Secure provides a coupon code to me two years he had given me.
    I hope this new year will be carrying a gesture of goodwill that would be much appreciated.
    Friendship
    Spirou

• Spirou
    Spirou Posts: 2 New Member

Bonjour
    J'avais une promotion de 2 x 1 an (720 days) et elle est passée à 3 jours sans raison apparente.
    Est-ce que F-Secure Freedome a décidé d'annuler ses promotions ? dans ce cas cela ne serait pas très commercial ni encourageant pour acheter un code.
    Si c'est un bug, j'aimerais que F-Secure me fournisse un code promo pour les deux ans qu'il m'avait accordés.
    J'espère que cette nouvelle année sera porteuse d'un geste commercial qui serait fort apprécié.
    Amitié
    Spirou

• AlexLmor
    AlexLmor Posts: 2 New Member

Same problem for me!

• Burnout
    Burnout Posts: 1 New Member

hello 

it's the same problem for me ... Smiley Frustrated 

• Zephi
    Zephi Posts: 1 New Member

This not a problem nor an issue! Probably thousands of people abused the "1 year of Freedome" deal which was intended for people who actually PAID for F-Secure SAFE. Currently F-Secure is canceling all of those 1 year subscriptions for Freedome which were received through a Trial (free) version of SAFE.

You people have no right to complain if you didn't pay for it. If anything, you should be thankful that F-Secure let you use Freedome for months, free of charge. That should be way more than enough time for you to decide whether to pay for the app or not.

I mean, what did you think was gonna happen? Thousands of people using Freedome for free for the next few years? Server costs would probably be up the roof and no income for F-Secure since everyone would use it for free.

TL;DR All 365 Day Promo Codes that were received from a Trial (free) version of F-Secure SAFE are now being cancelled/expired due to abuse. People who _PAID_ for SAFE are safe.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info