WISH: Key password timeout

jtbworld
jtbworld Posts: 2
edited March 2022 in Feature Requests

This is actually two wishes. One is a timeout if a password is copied to the clipboard. Restore the clipboard to what it was before after a specified timeout period. The most important one is to make it also configurable how long it takes before Key requires you to enter the master password again or even disable this completely.

0 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

Comments

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

Same here, these are idea suggestions and should be posted here:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/idb-p/Idea_Exchange

You don't have to re-post them there. A moderator will move them for you tomorrow.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi jtbworld!

Thanks for your suggestions about our new product!

As mentioned by NikK, I've moved both of these posts to the Idea Exchange board, so that Community Members can vote on the ideas they find the most helpful and desired.

I will also forward these to a F-Secure Key product manager Smiley Very Happy

// Chrissy

• JuhaT
    JuhaT Posts: 55 Former F-Secure Employee

If you're copy pasting password from Key, it should delete the contents of the clipboard after a period of time. However it does not restore the contents that you had on the clipboard before. If that's not working for you, please let me know the device and operating system where the clipboard is not wiped. We could check if that set up is having some problems.

Improving configurability has been requested as peoples preferences vary quite a lot. -Such as for the timeout value for locking the screen and requesting master password again. We are likely to have that in the future releases.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
  • Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi,

Closing this as already offered as this issue is peculiar to this user.

This discussion has been closed.