"Learn more" link to swtich to F-Secure Total does not work.

Grunthur
Grunthur Posts: 2 Observer
edited August 7 in Web Browsing

I'm trying to help an older relative do the cost free switch from F-Secure Internet Seciruty to F-Secure Total.

In the End of Life-notice there is a button that says "Learn more". When we press it exactly nothing happes. Is there another way to switch to Total? How can we proceed?

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,675 Superuser
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Sorry for the reply. I am also only an F-Secure user.

In the End of Life-notice there is a button that says "Learn more". When we press it exactly nothing happes. Is there another way to switch to Total? 

Sounds as it is impossible to open a web-browser from F-Secure UI by clicking "Learn more".

Could you try to open something from Main UI? For example, clicking (?)-logo in the top right corner of main F-Secure UI, then clicking some items in opened menu and check if all of them are accessible? Just to check either all is functioning right (with an exception of "Learn more" button) or entire possibility to use application or to open web-browser from UI is broken.

If nothing will trigger a browser, then it is better to fix possibility using "Learn more"-button. since it the main way of upgrade. HOWEVER

If the trouble is only about "Learn more"-button - then.. I would suggest carefully check next steps (in case if Free Upgrade is still applicable).

Your situation is likely about old F-Secure IS, so relevant YouTube video guide is next one: Switching from the old F-Secure Internet Security or Anti-Virus product to F-Secure Total (youtube.com)

In this video - the resulted URL (after "Learn More"-button) is:

https://f-secure.com/en/renew/internet-security-antivirus-eol#how-to-upgrade

For me, resulted page is a bit of different to shown in video. But you can try to look at it.

However, if there is an opportunity to wait a little with the upgrade. I would advise waiting for official F-Secure representatives in the community to help you with the upgrade.

// As I see it in YouTube video: you have to create an account in mentioned URL above. Then to login into your installation application with received credentials for F-Secure TOTAL after creating TOTAL's account. This will summed up in 'upgrade'. But, perhaps, using "Learn More" is essential to switch application to the 'upgrading' state (so, to combine subscriptions in one; otherwise you may end up with a temporarily trial account).

Thanks!

Answers

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info