Browsing Protection Pops Up

System
System Posts: 127 Enthusiast
edited November 2023 in F-Secure Internet Security
This discussion was created from comments split from: Browser Protection Pop-ups.

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,608 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hello @JulienFritsch

Thank you for your post.

Please note that the features such as Browsing Protection and Banking Protection will not function while the Browsing Protection is turned off. More info on the SAFE/FSIS interface.

To turn off this notification, simply follow the below steps;

1. Open the F-Secure SAFE/Internet Security application
    2. Select More details on the right side
    3. Check the Don't Ask Again box
    4. Select Dismiss

Note: Should it continue, ensure that no other browser on your device has the extension installed. 

You can always review this as follows

1. Select View all tasks
    2. View Dismissed Tasks
    3. Select Setup if you wish to enable the browsing protection

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

Thank you and have a good day.

Answers

• JulienFritsch
    JulienFritsch Posts: 10 Observer

Hi,

I've had the same issue for a while now, and it recently got worse.

So, I have several Chrome accounts. And each time I use one of those accounts, the same pop-up appears. I open and ask to "not ask again" and "ignore.".

But the next day, this will happen again and again.

• JulienFritsch
    edited May 2023

Next, I plan to report daily how many times it happens.

• System
    edited May 2023
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Browser Protection Pop-ups.
  • JulienFritsch
    edited May 2023

And what can we do when we don't want it on all profiles?

• System
  • JulienFritsch

OK, but I have 7 Chrome profiles, and what can I do, if I would rather not have this installed in the 7 profiles? The notifications keep coming. Yesterday, for one of the profiles I'm using, where it's not installed, I did 5 times what you said over 2 hours, and it came again and again.

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,608 Community Manager

Hello @JulienFritsch

Thank you for your reply.

Could you kindly let us know which F-Secure product and version you are using since I am unable to find your subscription on my end? It would also be helpful to know which device you are facing the issue on and what operating system version it is running. Lastly, what version of Chrome are you using?

Additionally, after you clicked on "Don't Ask Again" and "Dismiss", did you see the option to "View all tasks" and then "Dismissed Tasks"?

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

I am not sure if this 'trouble' is fixed or even can be fixed, but two topics are mentioned:

the need of keeping all profiles (or instances) of browser like Google Chrome with the very same decision about extension. For example, all seven profiles with 'enabled' BP extension or all seven profiles with 'disabled' BP extension and then "don't ask again / forget it" should work.

Otherwise, currently(?) it will be detected as jumping from enabled state to disabled state and so 'warning' about it.

Perhaps, you are beta user - if so, you can try to create a bug report via beta portal (Centercode). At least, in case if mentioned limitation is labeled as fixed (somehow and someday before, but after date of replies in topics above).

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info