Subscription question

Mcbee
Mcbee Posts: 1 New Member
edited November 2023 in F-Secure Total

Hello,

I accidentally purchased a new F-Secure subscription outside my account instead of renewing my existing My F-Secure account.

I only have access to an android smartphone how can I delete my account so that I can change over to the account that I paid for?

The only option in android seems to be to log out of the account which when I log into the new account 'remembers' the trial account

How do I delete the trial account in android?

McBee

Accepted Answer

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

I think you need login to My F-Secure portal via web-page.

For example,

However, sounds that purchased something only for Android-platform?

I only have access to an android smartphone how can I delete my account so that I can change over to the account that I paid for?

So, maybe you need to cancel it via Google Play Market store or related routine.

The only option in android seems to be to log out of the account which when I log into the new account 'remembers' the trial account

That's strange. Is it right:

• F-Secure app / Android platform;
    • Installation is pinned to certain subscription or trial account;
    • Logout withing app;
    • You type another credentials (to another account) - but still logged as a 'previous' account (despite the logout)?

If so, can you try to clear app cache or restart device after logout. Then, to delete account (as described in KB article).

How do I delete the trial account in android?

But to avoid any misleading suggestions - maybe it is better to contact their direct Support channels: Contact support | F-Secure (for example, web-chat is available as bottom-right widget).

Thanks!

• emilia2222
    emilia2222 Posts: 2 Observer
    And what do you think is the most profitable subscription? I have a bit of a dilemma myself

This discussion has been closed.