Banking Protection Interferring With Websites

MadsFathom
MadsFathom Posts: 2 Observer
edited October 2023 in F-Secure Total

Hello everyone,

I noticed some of my financial account websites have issues when I try to log in while banking protection is active. When I disable it, they work. Has anyone else encountered this?

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    Answer ✓

Hello,

This can happen, but it is important to know what kind of problems you're encountering.

some of my financial account websites have issues when I try to log in while banking protection is active

The website is not displayed in its entirety (or is blocked), some resources are not displayed (page layout is broken or something like that). Or some functionality doesn't work.

Just as a reference, there is a description of the Banking Protection feature: What is Banking Protection and how does it work? - F-Secure Community

And a general KB article: F-Secure Banking Protection blocked a bank website - F-Secure Community about some sort of trouble.

But, if the page just doesn't render correctly or something, then that particular resource (*or its background parts and web resources, for example, if the main website initiated the Banking Protection session) may not be marked as "trusted" within the Banking Protection functionality.

if so, it is then possible to send specific URLs (or the URL of the main website and describing the problem) for analysis to F-Secure Labs via F-Secure SAS. There is KB 'how-to-do' : How can I submit samples to F-Secure? - F-Secure Community

F-Secure SAS page is: Submit a sample | F-Secure

For example, where you can choose 'URL sample', and after using checkbox for more details - to choose "URL type" as "Banking Protection related trouble" and fill the description field with received impact after visiting mentioned URL.

Alternatively, if you can provide some 'safe' examples (that is, without any privacy risk for you or any other concerns) - I, as an F-Secure user, could also see what my experience would be. And, maybe, to understand why there are some problems here (and what needs to be fixed).

Thanks!

Answers

• MadsFathom
    MadsFathom Posts: 2 Observer

Thank you for your reply. I actually got it to work by clearing my browsing history and cache. I chatted with support and they suggested I try that. I'll keep what you said in mind if it happens again.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Thank you for your reply. I actually got it to work by clearing my browsing history and cache. I chatted with support and they suggested I try that. I'll keep what you said in mind if it happens again.

It's good that everything was resolved! And thanks for the feedback.

Strange that prior to the steps taken, it was possible to fix (or not get) the problem by turning off Banking Protection (or its active banking protection session), though. But it doesn't matter anymore. :)

This discussion has been closed.