How can I submit samples to F-Secure?
You can go to our Submit a Sample (SAS) page if you would like to send us anything suspicious that you encounter online. Sample submission is analyzed by our analysts and our databases are then updated if necessary.
Note: Some F-Secure products, such as F-Secure Total, include their own sample reporting capabilities. Please check the product and its methods for submitting samples before sending files through the Submit a Sample page.
Before you submit a sample through the Submit a Sample page, keep these things in mind:
- The maximum file size allowed is 100MB.
- All samples should be submitted inside a password-protected zip, using "infected" as the password.
- To submit multiple URLs or IP addresses, compile them in a text file and submit the file using the File sample tab.
- Be as specific as possible when submitting your sample, so it can be processed efficiently:
In case of False Positives, provide the Detection name in your description if available.
In case of Suspicious samples, tell us about the origin of the sample if known.
- Submit only the necessary samples:
Separate clean and malicious samples into separate submissions. If you have clean and malicious samples in the same submission, this can cause delays in processing.
.msg files: submit only the suspicious attachments using the File sample tab or phishing links using the URL sample tab, and not the email itself.
To submit a sample:
- Go to our Submit a Sample (SAS) page.
- If you are submitting a file sample, select the File sample tab. Select Choose File, and attach your sample file.
- For URL sample submission, select the URL sample tab, and type in the URL in the Suspicious URL box.
- Tick the I want to give more details about this sample and to be notified of the analysis results box to add in more information and receive feedback on the submitted file or URL sample.
- Type in the verification Captcha code.
- Click Submit.
Note: Large collections of older malware samples and bulk submissions submitted using the Submit a Sample page may be handled with lower priority than newer threats.
If you are experiencing performance issues, scanning errors or other issues in combination with any of our endpoint protection products, please report them to F-Secure Support.