How can I buy F-Secure Total for 1 device fot 24 months?

suskewiet
suskewiet Posts: 14 Enthusiast
edited November 2023 in F-Secure Total

Hello I've got a problem. In 30 days my 'F-Secure Save' for 2 devices for 2 years will expire. I want to continue with F-Secure, but for 1 device for 2 years. When I log in, however, I don't get the choice I want, namely 'F-Secure Total' for 2 years for only 1 device (€ 79.99). I can only choose between 'F-Secure Internet Security 3 devices 24 months' and 'Upgrade to F-Secure Total' for 3 devices for 24 months. I can find F-Secure Total for 2 years for 1 device without logging in, but when I want to pay I am asked to log in… (this is a Google translation)

Accepted Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Can you try to contact their Support (web-chat in the right bottom of page: Contact support | F-Secure); You can also try to use your locale on F-Secure website (so, local support).

This step is also recommended in KB article: How to upgrade F-Secure Internet Security (old SAFE) to F-Secure TOTAL - F-Secure Community

As a Community user, I can only suggest:

Your current subscription is F-Secure SAFE for two devices / two years.

F-Secure SAFE is now re-named to F-Secure Internet Security. So, that's why there is an option to choose "F-Secure Internet Security".

So, since you want F-Secure TOTAL app - there is handy option of "Upgrade" from F-Secure Internet Security (previously known as F-Secure SAFE).

But it is a completely obscure for me - why both of options are about three devices / two years. And why there are not visible any way to configure it.

If this is the case - I think only Support agents can fix something.

However, I could try to advise you to let the current subscription "expire". And maybe purchase an F-Secure TOTAL subscription as a fresh user. With another account (another email address), freshly registered. Thus, you could have a discount (at least, which I see now on the main page - F-Secure Total — One app to secure your digital moments | F-Secure; where F-Secure TOTAL listed with a reduced price as ""*Discounted price for the first purchase only. Offer valid until 30 April 2023. Cannot be combined with other offers. All prices include VAT. Cleverbridge GmbH is the F‑Secure reseller and your partner for all purchases in this store.""").

In principle, the option remains and save your current email in the account. Something about why it is possible or if you want to take an advantage of promo offers - discussed there: Skimpy with discount to old customers — F-Secure Community (for example).

Thanks!

• suskewiet
    Answer ✓
    I did it. Thank you kindly for all the effort. Suus

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,607 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hello @suskewiet

Thank you for your reply.

I regret to hear about the confusion you're experiencing. Upon further investigation, it seems that there are two email addresses associated with your F-Secure accounts. Your Telenet email was used to register for F-Secure Internet Security, and this account has expired. On the other hand, your newly purchased F-Secure Total was registered under your Gmail.

It's possible that you logged in using your Telenet email and downloaded the app from that account, which resulted in you having F-Secure Internet Security only, as I can see that you haven't installed F-Secure Total on any device yet. To assist you in this situation, I kindly ask you to log in to My F-Secure using your Gmail account to download F-Secure Total.

You can refer to this link for a step-by-step guide on how to install F-Secure Total.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need any further assistance. We're here to help!

Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

Answers

• suskewiet
    Hi Ukko, Thanks for the quick reply. I will continue to look for a solution with F-Secure support. Kind regards, Suus

• suskewiet

Hey,

I tried to create a new account, but despite the different email address, I always end up on the existing account. No one is available on chat at the moment. I can't call because I can't get it explained in French. They don't speak Dutch there, despite the mention on the site.
    Suus

• Ukko

Hello,

It is sad to hear about your difficulties.

I will try to comment some of them (as for my understanding):

I tried to create a new account, but despite the different email address, I always end up on the existing account.

If you browser was with an active session or "logged"-state; or any other cache - maybe this is an explanation. Thus, you were already 'logged' in the My F-Secure portal during your try to create another account (if it is possible, of course).

Could you try to create a new account (as for the 'promo'-offer registration; with a discount) with another email by using another bowser (if any installed in your system); or by using something like "InPrivate" or "Incognito" modes. So, it will not interfere with your browsing history, logged accounts, cache and so on things.

Alternatively, can you provide steps "how you tried to create a fresh account" and "when you ended up on the existing account".

No one is available on chat at the moment.

I can't call ....

They don't speak Dutch there, despite the mention on the site.

Well, I am not sure about phone support (via calls). But, still, there is a web-chat option.

For example, Holland (I think it should be local language support via web-chat):

I see that it is labeled as 'offline' now.

However, global page (English-language support):

With free slots on current minute.

Thus, can you try to use "Global" if your local will be not available?

Also, if Global is labeled as "offline" - then, try some minutes later. Usually, it is available (only if Support Agents too busy with a lot of income-requests).

Thanks!

• suskewiet
    I did it. Thank you kindly for all the effort. Suus

• suskewiet
    Hello,
    Can you believe that the problem of getting FS TOTAL is still not solved? 
    After creating the new account, I couldn't access it for a long time. There were dozens 
    of emails between me and customer service. I keep getting emails telling me to install, 
    but it keeps going about FS Internetsecurity, which I used until today. Because today I 
    received a message that my contract has expired. I expected otherwise from F-Secure.
    In the survey I gave SF a zero. I hope they contact me therefore, because my emails are 
    being rejected...
    However, I have been very satisfied with FS so far and there have never been any problems
    before. 
    But I paid for FS TOTAL on 24/4, and now I have nothing...

• Ukko

Hello,

But I paid for FS TOTAL on 24/4, and now I have nothing...

I am not sure about trouble with access to a freshly created account. I can only think about 'cache' or something similar (if this is about web-browser). As a workaround, I can suggest to use any other alternative browser or 'InPrivate'/'Incognito' modes in the main browser.

But about the rest of description: sounds that you need to perform two tasks:

-- to uninstall F-Secure Internet Security (previous F-Secure SAFE) on your Windows machine.

-- to install F-Secure Total on that machine.

So, to uninstall F-Secure Internet Security (F-Secure SAFE) is possible by described there routine: Uninstalling SAFE | SAFE | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

Then, you can try to use F-Secure Uninstallation Tool: How do I uninstall F-Secure products using the Uninstallation Tool? - F-Secure Community (to clear up any remains). Note: carefully about any other solutions like F-Secure KEY / F-Secure ID or F-Secure VPN - its data can be deleted too.

F-Secure Total installation steps are something like there: Installing the product on your computer | Total | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

To access F-Secure TOTAL (if activated): I will recommend to re-read / check emails in income-folder about purchasing subscription. It should be with 'guides' and 'steps' to activate/start to use it. It may be important.

As such, my.f-secure.com should allow you to login with credentials for this subscription. If not - what is trouble result? You logged as 'expired' F-Secure Internet Security (SAFE) subscription?

by the way, could it be that F-Secure Support Agents somehow fixed situation and your 'previous' account (or as it is called instruction for F-Secure Internet Security) is actually already about Total subscription (or about way to 'upgrade' SAFE to Total while saving your email/old account - and still with reduced price or a discount). By transferring something or 'updating' from their side for your 'easy' set up?

Thanks!

• Suuske
    Suuske Posts: 2 Observer
    RELIEF
    Customer service told me to create a second account with a different email address in 
    order to install FS Total. What I downloaded was from the mail in my gmail-box, but after 
    downloading it turned out to be FS Safe again. At least that's how I interpreted the file 
    F-Secure-Safe-Network-Installer_c0nm1e54olpy. Nowhere is ‘FS TOTAL’ mentioned.
    However I just installed that file. But I can't read anywhere what's on my PC right now. 
    Everywhere only FS is mentioned, nowhere TOTAL: not with programs, not in the mails, not 
    on the download and installation screen. I just can't find the word TOTAL anywhere. 
    That's where the confusion comes from. If the name of the subscription had been mentioned,
    I would have been spared a lot of suffering. Now, after installation, can I read in my 
    account under ‘subscription’: FS TOTAL...
    (Google translation)

• Suuske
    Suuske Posts: 2 Observer

Thanks to Ukko and Firmy.

This discussion has been closed.