How long does F-Secure take to process submitted malware samples?

anthonyqian
anthonyqian Posts: 6 Explorer
edited September 2023 in F-Secure Internet Security

Hello everyone,

I have submitted two undetected backdoor malware samples to F-Secure via the Submit-a-Sample page on 9 February 2023. The submission numbers are XXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXX. However, it has been almost a month and I still have not received any reply from them. From my previous experience, I also noticed that F-Secure seems to take several weeks to process my submissions.

I wonder what is the current status of my submissions and why it takes so long for them to analyze the backdoor malware samples. Backdoor trojan sample is time-sensitive because the command-and-control server that communicates with the malware may go offline at any time. Therefore, it is important for F-Secure to process these samples as soon as possible and update their detection signatures.

Thank you very much.

Edit: PII removed

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,625 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hello @anthonyqian

Thank you for reaching out to us, and I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

I have forwarded your request to our Malware Analyst team for review, and they will personally contact you via email as soon as they have completed their analysis. Please allow 4-7 working days for them to complete their review and get back to you.

We appreciate your patience and understanding, and we will do our best to assist you in resolving this issue.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns in the meantime. Thank you.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info