Freedome vpn - FaceTime

Options
JohanL
JohanL Posts: 3 New Member
edited June 2023 in F-Secure VPN

Hi,

after updating to the latest macOS- Ventura, my FaceTime is not working anymore with Freedome VPN enabled.

I cant recieve any calls, and when I am calling there is a ringtone but it is not ringing in the recieving mac/iPhone.

Anyone having this problem after updating macOS?

Accepted Answer

• Amirul
    Amirul Posts: 161 F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @JohanL

Thank you for your update.

We have tested this issue on our test device and it seems there is no issue to make Facetime calls/receiving between macOS and iOS systems. We did try from our test environment by changing the VPN Protocol (OpenVPN and OpenVPN (TCP)), with the automatic kill-switch enabled and disabling trusted networks (to ensure it will go through the VPN connection).

Perhaps we can get more information from your end regarding the F-Secure Freedome VPN version that you have, the location that you used, and the settings that you have on the F-Secure Freedome VPN.

Looking forward to your update.

Answers

• Amirul
    Options

Hi @JohanL

Thank you for reaching out to F-Secure Community.

after updating to the latest macOS- Ventura, my FaceTime is not working anymore with Freedome VPN enabled.

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps such as rebooting your Mac computer?

I cant recieve any calls, and when I am calling there is a ringtone but it is not ringing in the recieving mac/iPhone.

You may check the article on the below link that may help you to rectify the issue at your end:

Some messaging apps may have problems with FREEDOME VPN turned on

https://help.f-secure.com/product.html?home/freedome-ios/latest/en/id_77239-latest-en

Looking forward to your update.

• JohanL
    Options

Thanks for your response,

but I am afraid this does not help, FaceTime still not working with vpn.

• JohanL
    Options

Hi,

My version on Freedome is 2.55.431.0

Location Sweden, but tried other.

Killswitch off.

When Freedome is enabled on my Mac it is not ringing in the device I am trying to call, or vice versa. Except if it is the first call that is an incoming to my Mac, then it is actually ringing in my Mac. But when I answer it will not connect. After this first incoming call it seems like FaceTime is totally blocked again. That is the only thing I have noticed when trying out every setting I can think of.

Freedome on my iPhone is just working fine.

• Amirul
    Options

Hi @JohanL

Thank you for the reply.

It seems that this is an isolated issue, we would like to investigate further on this and we will need to collect the F-Secure Freedome VPN diagnostic log from the affected device. Kindly follow the steps below on how to collect the diagnostic log:

https://help.f-secure.com/product.html?home/freedome-mac/latest/en/id_77454-latest-enI will be sent you a private message after this to collect the diagnostic log

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,640 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @JohanL

How are you doing?

May I know does the issue is still happening? Did you receive any update macOS updates recently?

Kindly let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you and have a good day.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info