No option to activate subscription in Android app

Options
ghetzel
ghetzel Posts: 1 New Member
edited April 2023 in F-Secure VPN

I just purchased a new subscription for Freedome VPN off the website and I have an activation code. When I open the app and click subscription, there is no option to add the activation number.

Accepted Answers

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,639 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @ghetzel

Welcome to the F-Secure Community page. Thank you for your post.

Kindly uninstall and reinstall FREEDOME on your Android device.

Uninstall F-secure FREEDOME on the Android Smartphone or Tablet

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
    2. At the top right, tap the Profile icon.
    3. Tap Manage apps & devices Manage.
    4. Tap F-Secure FREEDOME to remove it.
    5. Tap Uninstall.

Install F-secure FREEDOME on the Android Smartphone or Tablet again

Before you start installing F-Secure FREEDOME, make sure that:

You have the latest Android version installed

You have an internet connection

1. On your Android device, open Play Store, and search for F-Secure FREEDOME VPN.
    2. Select FREEDOME VPN.
    3. Select Install.
    4. Select Open. When you install the app for the first time, the app goes through a short introduction.
    5. Swipe the screen to the left until you get to the last page with the following options:
      • Start using Freedome
      • Redeem code
    6. Select the activation method depending on what type of subscription you have.
      1. If you have a valid subscription code, do the following:
        1. Select Redeem code.
        2. Enter your code.
        3. Select Submit.

To view a video on how to install and activate FREEDOME VPN if you have a TOTAL subscription, see https://youtu.be/tZzW5Rjw0r4.

FREEDOME is ready to protect your privacy.

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Thank you and stay safe.

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,639 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Autumnal

Thank you for your comment.

We have launched a new system for FREEDOME VPN for the user to manage the subscription more effectively. Now, FREEDOME has its account just like F-Secure SAFE, ID PROTECTION and TOTAL.

By using this account-based subscription, you can check on which device you have installed the device, released the license and downloaded the application all from the My F-Secure. I recommend you use the license code in the account to convert from license code to usage time.

Kindly visit this link to guide you https://community.f-secure.com/freedome-en/kb/articles/29263

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Thank you and stay safe.

Answers

• Autumnal
    Autumnal Posts: 1 New Member
    Options
    • Hello. I bought a new phone and I have this same problem. I tried to do what you adviced in the answer, but I do not have this option available: Redeem code

When I try to login to my F-Secure account through the Android app, it says my order has got old and I have to make a new one. And it does not let me log in. Anyway that is not true, I have bought code for 3 devices at 22.8.2022 and only used 2 of them so far. So what can I do?

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info