Annoying.

Rockyrider
Rockyrider Posts: 13 Enthusiast
edited March 2023 in F-Secure ID Protection

At least 4 or 5 times a day I get emails from f secure id protection saying new device login when in fact its the same device, i sometimes cannot sign back in because it's saying my subscription has ended when in fact i have well over a year left since latest update f secure has become so frustrating, I'm spending more time getting f secure to work than i am doing my work on my laptop?. I've had to uninstall and reinstall id protection 3 times this week because it refuses to let me into my own account it says i have no subscription?.

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,608 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hi @Rockyrider

We have consulted this matter with our R&D team and it seems the issue is fixed.

Kindly let me know if the issue rise again.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you and stay safe.

Answers

• Amirul
    Amirul Posts: 161 F-Secure Employee
    edited June 2022

Hi @Rockyrider

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I can see that you have already reached our Support Channel and already have an existing case mentioning an issue related to the F-Secure ID Protection issue. Kindly reply to the email related to the case number to get further assistance.

As per check here, you have already used the license of F-Secure ID Protection on a device name "My Windows PC". You may have performed the installation before and the license has been used on this device. If you perform a reinstallation of F-Secure ID Protection on the same device, you may need to release the license that you have applied for before. You can read the steps below on how to release the license:

How do I release a license from My F-Secure so I can use it on another device? - F-Secure Community

• Rockyrider
    Rockyrider Posts: 13 Enthusiast

Turned my laptop on 30mins ago and already had to reinstall the id protection app in edge browser and now e-mail saying new device login, I only have one device and I only use one device so why does protection id think I have more?.

• Amirul
    Amirul Posts: 161 F-Secure Employee

Thank you for your reply @Rockyrider.

Turned my laptop on 30mins ago and already had to reinstall the id protection app in edge browser and now e-mail saying new device login, I only have one device and I only use one device so why does protection id think I have more?.

Let me check this issue with my team and will get back to you once I have any updates regards to the email notification. Thank you again for your patience and support.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info