ID PROTECTION does not recognise renewed subscription

Options
Torspo1600
Torspo1600 Posts: 14 Enthusiast
edited July 2022 in F-Secure ID Protection

A few days ago, I renewed my F-Secure TOTAL subscription, including ID Protection that I have in 3 devices: my phone, a Windows 10 laptop and Windows 10 tabletop computer.

The problem is that in the Win 10 computers, ID PROTECTION does not recognise the renewed subscription, even though SAFE and FREEDOME do.

I have not found a method to make ID PROTECTION recognise the renewed subscription:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling ID PROTECTION does not work
  • Releasing the licence in My F-Secure and reinstalling ID PROTECTION does not work.
  • Synchronising ID PROTECTION in between my phone (where it does recognise the subscription) and the computers does not work.
  • Clicking Manage Subscription in ID PROTECTION does not work

What could I do to make ID PROTECTION recognise my renewed subscription like the other components of TOTAL do?

Accepted Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

I am also only an F-Secure user (their home solutions). So, this is a kind of unofficial suggestion.

If you are sure that F-Secure ID Protection on Windows clients is pinned to your TOTAL subscription; and with reinstallation tries - you then used your TOTAL credentials to activate the solution... and just because:

Synchronising ID PROTECTION in between my phone (where it does recognise the subscription) and the computers does not work.

what is a bit strange.. So, can you check next steps to fix situation, at least, with one device (just as a try):

-> export your passwords on one of your Windows clients. Just to keep it as a backup and save/store it.

Exporting Vault data from the app | ID PROTECTION | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

-> uninstall F-Secure ID Protection on this device. And if "F-Secure ID Protection/KEY : User Data" is listed as an entry - to uninstall it too. Then, you can try to use F-Secure Uninstallation Tool: Support tools | F-Secure - run it, use "Choose want to uninstall", and check two options about F-Secure IDP/KEY - like solution itself and User Data. Also, releasing its licences on your My F-Secure Portal

-> in between, it is good to restart system. So, then try to install F-Secure ID Protection back. It should be as a completely fresh installation. So, there can be options like "create a master password", use your Total credentials or sync with other devices.

So, good to know if with this flow - will be any success for Windows client.

Alternatively, you can try to reach their official Support channels (Contact support | F-Secure) or to receive assistance here a bit later.

Thanks!

• Torspo1600
    Torspo1600 Posts: 14 Enthusiast
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you! Using the uninstaller tool did the trick, as it removed some Key components. Had to do the same on my laptop as well.

But now everything works!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info