bbc iPlayer is blocking my f-freedom VPN

Pjurjen
Pjurjen Posts: 8 New Member

I live in the Netherlands and want to be abIe to see abc player. However after I haver changed my location to the UK and checked the registration with the BBC iplayer the VPN is blocked. I have re-installed the VPN but still the iplayer does not work. Can you give me the right instructions?

Accepted Answer

Answers

• bryan441
    bryan441 Posts: 35 Contributor

Please try this following steps,

1. Switch it off and back on
    2. Use a browser instead of an app
    3. Restart your browser
    4. Clear your cookies
    5. Update your browser's geolocation data.

I think it might help you.

Bryan Anderson

• Pjurjen

Thnks I will try this .

• Beaverman
    Beaverman Posts: 8 New Member

This worked for a little while, but does not work anylonger.

Looks like something is able to find our true location. When is Freedome going to fix this problem. It is ongoing now for quite a while. Result is that Freedome is of no use at the moment.

• Pjurjen

Yes but are there better options? Other vpn providers who do a better job?

• Mr_G
    Mr_G Posts: 2 New Member

Seems BBC have sussed the London Location of Freedome VPN. Looks like Freedome is going to have to be more flexable in future. I used cmd prompt and insterted "ipconfig/flushnds" to no effect. cleared the browser too on Edge, Firefox and Google Chrome. Hola doesnt work either!

• Pjurjen

Thnks. Hopefully Freedom can solve this problem soon.

• Dingle1r
    Dingle1r Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2020

When is Freedome going to fix this issue. It is continuous now for a long time. Result is that Freedome is of no utilization right now

• Pjurjen

Yes but I a.

I am curious to know if there are other providers, who have a better solution to this problem.

24601 Posts: 1 New Member

Same problem here. Not working on mobile or PC. Have cleared cookies and history, tried incognito and edge. Nothing gives. Can @f-secure update the London address if it has been blacklisted?

• Pjurjen

I agree. They need to find a solution for this problem.

• Beaverman
    Beaverman Posts: 8 New Member

Have everybody in Freedome subcome to the Coronavirus or just to an over consumtion of that rubbish beer Corona?

• AndreyR
    AndreyR Posts: 1 New Member

Still not working for iplayer. I hope that they fix this quickly as this is the only reason for having the VPN and so if they cant get this right then I will cancel and go elsewhere.

• EJH
    EJH Posts: 1 New Member

Ditto to all above. Very frustrating. My subscription is up in July.....

• GrahamP
    GrahamP Posts: 1 New Member

Yup, my problem too. BBC obviously has blacklisted your UK server. If Freedome cannot solve this problem, then we should all add a negative comment on the App store to warn other potential UK Expat users abroad, and then cancel our subscription. Any comment from Freedome Customer Care?

• Pjurjen

what is the answer F secure gives ? Are they trying to solve this. Or is it impossible to solve? Do others have the same problem ?

• ccfc
    ccfc Posts: 3 Observer

Looks like the good times are over :( I've done everything that has been suggested here and still can't access the iplayer, just renewed my subscription too.

• Nicholas1948
    Nicholas1948 Posts: 1 New Member

I reboot my Mac Pro open Safari and use Private window or in Chrome I use a new Incognito window. It normally works well! Sometimes I must reboot a couple of time before I can get through. I use it every day from Finland to watch BBC iPlayer.

• ccfc
    ccfc Posts: 3 Observer
    edited June 2020

Thanks for nothing.

F-Secure knows beyond a doubt that a massive percentage of their sales of Freedome comes from expats watching tv channels from abroad. Please don't insult our intelligence with a bs reply like that.

• Dshea
    Dshea Posts: 1 New Member

Hi I've been using freedome for a few years and recommending it so I'm very disappointed that this is the response.

Security and accessing geo locked content are the fundamentals of a VPN service. Its a fundamental feature, otherwise why would you have so many different server options all over the world to connect to? For me I use it primarily to watch UK tv content and I'm very disappointed it's stopped working but I'm more disappointed at the lack of support and desire to resolve it.

Saying they can block your IP's and network address is pretty lame as Nord VPN has thousands of servers and can easily manage situations like this even though BBC have been more agressive in their blocking strategies. It sounds like you don't have that network capability and you don't want to invest in a solution. I had been recommending freedome as a VPN to friends for years as its been a top reliable service but I've now told everyone to stop using it.

Dave

• WhatTheHellIsGoingOn
    WhatTheHellIsGoingOn Posts: 1 New Member

Yip, very disappointing. Its a very standard reply from F-Secure to make sure they don't get into any trouble while desperately trying (and failing) to please the customers so I don't blame them for insulting our intelligence.

I hope for them they are working hard in the background to get around this business destroying issue.

• horse7
    horse7 Posts: 2 New Member

Freedome can't or are unable to sort out the iPlayer problem, yet express VPN say that their VPN works for iPlayer, I will not be renewing my subscription.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info