Freedome VPN not working for UK channels

Fingerber
Fingerber Posts: 8 Observer

Hi

Since yesterday I cannot access any UK channels (BBC, ITV, etc). Freedome is working fine for other countries but not the UK.

I am not the only one with this issue. Can you please advise what’s happening?

I’m in Finland. Thank you.

Accepted Answers

Answers

• Cerstin12
    Cerstin12 Posts: 7 Observer

I am having the same problem. I am in France. Can anyone please Help!?

• umso
    umso Posts: 1 New Member

Same problem , also in France. Continued for some time, on off. Some days work some days not. Anyone knows why or where to get the answer. Paying for this, want it to work.

• Nostro
    Nostro Posts: 1 New Member

Same issue, in Sweden

• Roxy130
    Roxy130 Posts: 1 New Member

Same issue. Been working fine for last few months and now wont allow me access to UK channels or prime.

• Fingerber

Is anyone from F-Secure able to tell us what’s happening with this issue?

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hi All,

Thank for reporting us this, but have you tried some basic troubleshoot steps as below

1. Run the FlushDNS on affected device.

(Optional- Clear browser cache for desktop and Clear app cache for Smartphone.)

2. Ensure that IPv6 is enabled for the device. You can refer these Windows and Mac, and refer these for Android, and for iOS

3. Reboot device. 

4. Turn Freedome ON and set virtual location as London to check iPlayer working again with your browser. 

• MartyMc69
    MartyMc69 Posts: 1 New Member

Hi there, I have done this and still I have the same problem. Could the server/IP address been identified and blocked? Please fix. Thanks

• MiniJo
    MiniJo Posts: 1 New Member

Same here in Germany.

• Tardis
    Tardis Posts: 3 Observer
    edited March 2020

I live in Sweden and have the same problem when streaming since the 20th of March. Luckily it's still possible to download BBC programs using get_iplayer (https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer) while connected to Freedome. To stream from ITV and Channel 4 I've installed the browser plugin from Hola, that works fine but it's of course annoying to have to pay for a second VPN provider when I've just recently renewed my Freedome subscription for two years. Hoping that F-Secure solves the issue.

Update 2020-03-25: Get_iplayer no longer working. Also tried Sethu's advice, made no difference.

• Beaverman
    Beaverman Posts: 8 New Member

I tried Sethu's advice. The first thing I noticed is that it is outdated. It does not mention Windows 10.

When i tried to inserting the string mentioned in comand prompt, it stated that it cannot be done.

• tonyinspain
    tonyinspain Posts: 2 New Member

I followed his advice, ignored that it did not cover Windows 10, and it has solved the problem.

• Sara_h
    Sara_h Posts: 2 New Member

Another one in Finland were nothing from the UK is working.

F-secure need to get this together. This is not ok seeing as this is a paid for service that works as well as a chocolate teapot!

• GillyHan
    GillyHan Posts: 2 New Member

Have looked at flushing DNS but cannot find Command Prompt under (right click) Start? What else might it be under please? Technophobe here!!

• RBoden
    RBoden Posts: 1 New Member

I have done the flush DNS and everything else and am still blocked. You really need to resolve this please!

• Fingerber

Tried Everything above and it worked for a while, but I then updated my subscription and now it doesn’t work again😡 I again tried the above measures but they didn’t work this time.

Can you give further advice? This is not just confined to one country.

• horse7
    horse7 Posts: 2 New Member

i can play all4 if i turn off my tracking f secure, but i cannot get bbc iplayer, re; bbc only works in the uk, please resolve this ASAP.

• kilrail
    kilrail Posts: 3 Observer

Here in Spain, I have the same problem. Just tried another vpn and it works fine. I think I'll have to give up on Freedome. It was great and easy to use but I guess it's had it's day. Shame.

• Busen
    Busen Posts: 1 New Member

Same problem here in Sweden. Sometimes it works when changing browser. If BBCiplayer won't work I will quit my subscribtion.

• Sera
    Sera Posts: 1 New Member

Also unable to access any UK channels and as mentioned above, I certainly wont continue my subscribtion either as UK channels are by far the main reason I have Freedome!

Yes - I tried the what was listed as suggestions, it has made no difference. Also the problem occurred simultaneously on all 3 devices (Phone, Ipad, laptop)

• Alan59
    Alan59 Posts: 1 New Member

Same here in Spain. Freedome ad F Secure have been great but now unless they solve this problem I will have to invest in a vpn system that works and is guaranteed

• Tardis
    Tardis Posts: 3 Observer

Here’s a list of alternative services that should work: https://www.vpnmentor.com/blog/5-best-vpns-bbc-iplayer-actually-work/

• Hotspur_58
    Hotspur_58 Posts: 2 New Member

Another complaint from Finland - unable to access BBC iplayer for the last 2 days using Freedome.

it looks as though FSecure are not responding to this forum..........will attempt to contact them direct.

Meanwhile keep the comments coming and hopefully peer pressure will result in a statement/resolution from FSecure ASAP !

• Hotspur_58
    Hotspur_58 Posts: 2 New Member

So, I just spoke with the ‘local representative‘ here (call centre I believe though) and she confirmed that at the start of April the BBC have blocked VPN access via Freedome and maybe from other providers as well ?

So far no fix from FSecure which is pretty naff if you like me have an annual subscription just 4 months old.....

Any other VPN providers recommended please ?

• User_112211
    User_112211 Posts: 3 New Member

Same for me, I am in Finland and F-secure won't allow ITV hub nor BBCIplayer. Sad to say - unless it works I must change to a foreign VPN. What do you recommend?

• Fingerber

But if BBC has blocked Freedome, how come it’s ITV and channel 4 are also blocked? That’s not typical behavior that all of them would block the vpn at the same time.

Not happy to get no ‘official’ statement from F-Secure about what’s going on.......

• SueT
    SueT Posts: 1 New Member

I'm also in Finland, was having the same problems but did the DNS flush and now it works fine.

• Travelman69
    Travelman69 Posts: 2 New Member

Same problem, I’m in Spain can’t get Uk tv now, F-secure Freedome have always been difficult to contact, this has to be a “Freedome “ problem as all channels stopped at same time. I have the full f-secure package just hope I scan get a refund.

• Travelman69
    Travelman69 Posts: 2 New Member

Would you believe it, working now on all channels!????

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info