Freedome framerate stutter on Windows 10

tapiop
tapiop Posts: 5 New Member

Not a huge issue but does give a bad impression.

Whenever hovering over the app, the cursor starts stuttering, especially noticeable since my screen is 100hz. Same thing with moving the window. Definitely not a problem with my computer (Ryzen 3700X, 16GB, RTX 2070SUPER), and it's not doing the same with any other program. F-Secure SAFE works just fine.

Comments

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @tapiop 

At this point, we cannot say if this is a driver issue since it's only persistent on F-Secure Freedome VPN. It could be possible that the program (Freedome) isn't or requires an updated version. 

Kindly confirm that you have the latest, Version 2.32.6293.0, else, an update or a reinstallation would be required. Just to add that checking your Windows Update is also very crucial and might help fix this issue.

Please let us know if this works. 

• tapiop
    tapiop Posts: 5 New Member

Hi Jaims and sorry for the delay!

I do have the Freedome version you mentioned as well as the latest Windows updates installed. So those should not be the culprit. Sometimes the stuttering starts a few seconds after hovering over the Freedome window.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Dear @tapiop 

Have you triend re-installing Freedome ?

Instruction for re-installation :

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-F/ta-p/119099 

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info