F-secure Safe Desktop shortcut and Icon gone missing

sgpk
sgpk Posts: 4 New Member

Hello, the F-Secure Safe desktop shortcut and Icon have gone missing from my Windows 10 PC.  I checked services and Safe is running, and  the program files folder is there.  I am unable to find the executable file to re-create the shortcut and so am unable to run a Scan.

thanks for any help

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

It's not magic so it shouldn't just disappear!  Have you tried rebooting the machine?

• sgpk

Yes, tried that, what file should I look for to re create the desktop icon?

Thanks

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling it might be 'fsua.exe'.  I'm not on my computer at the moment, so I can't check.

Hi @sgpk 

The desktop icon is not recreated automatically, since some users want to remove it and don't want it to come back. You can still open the main user interface from start menu entry or tray icon.

To recreate the shortcut, it should point to "C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\SAFE\fs_ui_32.exe" (assuming you have the latest version 17.6)

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• sgpk

Thanks, I tried that but it the shortcut wont run. Safe has disappeared form the Start menu, Tray and Desktop, so i'm unable to run a scan.  When i login to manage My F-Secure is says its installed.

Would Windows Defender be interfeering with it?.

thanks again

• sgpk

Hi Jaims,

thank you,  your instructions have worked.

thanks again

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info