browser extension issue

I installed the f-secure browser extension and activated.

Every time I open the browser I get a tab saying : the extension Is installed , close the tab.

But when I close this tab and reopen the browser then te message comes back. Every time I open the browser I get this message.

The issue is only in Chrome and Firefox. The issue is not in Safari. I am on iMac with latest Mojave.

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions). And I am not experienced with Mac platform.

If you are sure that the browser extension is installed (and activated) right (proposed steps to do so for Google Chrome || Firefox) - do you able to explain a little be more: is it indeed tab? or maybe pop-up about  "extension is installed"?

Maybe it is possible to attach screenshot about this state(?).

Also, does it possible to be something as incompatibility with another extension or specific settings of browser? All in all, do you able to check whether extension's features are enabled and works or not (for example, safety ratings for web sites under Google Search?).

In addition, Online Help / Documentation with next article:

does it possible to check manually (to uninstall the browsing protection extension from the Google Chrome and then to reinstall by suggested steps)?

Thanks!

• alainlankers
    alainlankers Posts: 5 Observer

Thanks for your reply. Yes it is a tab page , not a popup.

included a screenshot (the text is in dutch) 

Also i reinstalled but without success, it did not change the message.

Schermafbeelding 2019-04-05 om 12.23.39.png

• Ukko

Hello,

Thanks for feedback. Sounds strange, indeed. By the way, does it possible to check if this tab (page?!) is configured to be as opened window at start (browser settings about)?

Other than that - maybe good to check, for example, steps like:

- open Browser :: close tab :: disable extension :: close browser :: open browser and check if such tab is visible anyway (and even what if extension is autoenabled back).

- there is, also, ability to create fsdiag and transfer it to Support Channels for investigation:

If your experience is about branded F-Secure solution (for example, by ISP) - then possible to contact their Support channel.

Also, when you wrote that all OK with Safari - does it about extension too? Or extension is not installed there at all?

I do not remember topics about such concern. Usually, it was about troubles with installing extension (or some troubles with certain OS build). But most of troubles are fixed with stable builds.

What if your experience is about "broken" state for extension installation. There was topic with suggestion about try to install extension with disabled some accessibility tools:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/Browser-extensions-won-t-install/m-p/83492

Thanks!

• alainlankers

Thanks for your feedback.

- I did the steps you suggested: disable extension , then close and restart: no succes

- Yes Safari has extension activated: here no issues

- Its branded FSecure from ISP, but they told me they dont give support for the software itself, only for installation. They told me i have to ask here for support.

- i created fsdiag, but it is 100 MB size. Where can I send it to?

• Ukko

Hello,

i created fsdiag, but it is 100 MB size. Where can I send it to?

Good to start from contacting Support Channel (chat, for example):

And then OR before contacting support (with already uploaded fsdiag) - possible to rename file to specific one and then to use next suggested steps:

// by the way: maybe ftp (protocol) is not available with Mac platform or with certain browser. If so - then good to contact Support channel (chat) and ask them about suitable place for uploading fsdiag.

I did the steps you suggested: disable extension , then close and restart: no succes

After restart - tab is created again (even if restart was with disabled extension)? Or just after enabling extension back - tab is back too?

Thanks!

• alainlankers

I did the steps you suggested: disable extension , then close and restart: no succes

After restart - tab is created again (even if restart was with disabled extension)? Or just after enabling extension back - tab is back too?

>> the tab is back after enabling extension. If extension is not enabled then i get no tab.

• jofraarcher
    jofraarcher Posts: 1 New Member

Every browser not supported every kind of extension, it's tough to install. itunes error 0xe80000a helped me to get the solution of this for chrome browser.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info