Freedome problem with Windows restart

martink
martink Posts: 427 Influencer

Is this again me only or does soembody use and experience Freedome the same:

I have Freedome on WIndows 10  guest on VMWare Windows 10 host .

Major updates on Windows host reset the active hours to something other than mine. When I forget to reset them and leave the host and quest on Windows restarts the host. The quest crashes, but can be restarted. Fortunately the quest Windows can be restarted, butthe problem is with F-Secure.

It can be that Freedome will not start anymore or if it starts it has set the WIndows Firewall to block all traffic.

Fortunately uninstall and reinstall removes the problem.

Anybody else?

Comments

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @martink,

We haven't recieved similar case so far, there is a possiblity that some of our Freedome components might have crashed during major windows update, but we can be sure only after having investigated the diagnostic logs from affected machine.  Since you have already performed the reinstallation steps to fix the issue.  If you have encountered the same issue in future, please feel free to reach our F-secure support.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi martink,

Could you please confirm if the Freedome installation is on the VMware guest or on the host machine itself?

• martink
    martink Posts: 427 Influencer

This problem occurs on the VMWare guest where I have Freedome installed.

When Windows forces restart if know how to do it the same way as I would do it manually.

When it does that it shuts down VMWare but it does not close  properly the programs that are open in the guest and VMWare appears not to do that either. Just like a crash.

• jhonsam
    jhonsam Posts: 1 New Member

Go through the start button and after that click on its property and tap to the advance setting. On the advance option of the setting go through the setup and recovery... if still have confusion then contact Optus support number

• Johnparkar
    Johnparkar Posts: 1 New Member

This freedome problem can only be removed by reinstalling the application after uninstalling it. I know this well as this has happened to me a few days back. But Epson Support has helped me with strong support. You can also try this for getting your solution.

• berrysmith
    berrysmith Posts: 1 New Member

Freedom VPN by F-Secure is a simple, powerful online privacy and security app that’s now available for download on your PC or Mac. And to protect your mobile devices, it’s also available on Google Play and at the App Store.

Step-by-Step Guide to Brother Wireless Printer Setup on your Device by Our Customer Service Team At Just One Call.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info