F-Secure Total version 19.7 hangs in Mac OS 14.6.1 when opening

bhn
bhn Posts: 4 Explorer

Hi, I have an active subscription from F-Secure's Freedome VPN that I successfully migrated to F-Secure Total a few weeks ago. I verified that my subscription is active until 3rd Nov 2024, so still a few months left before renewal. I also have successfully used the VPN feature of the new app but now the app suddenly stopped working.

Now when I try to open the F-Secure app from the menu bar, the main window opens but it pretty much just hangs there with a spinning wheel on a blank white background. No options are shown on that screen for selecting VPN servers etc. Clicking on settings, Account, Subscription all show information as normal. Force quitting the app using Activity Monitor and relaunching it gives the same issue.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Details: F-Secure Total version 19.7 (62280) in Mac OS 14.6.1, Intel MacBook Pro 13" 2019.

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• bhn
    bhn Posts: 4 Explorer
    Answer ✓

Hi Pawel,

Thanks for reaching out. For now, I seem to have found the problem: When I uninstalled the previous Freedome app, there were still some components left behind.

I deleted the various folders I found using the command line and restarted the laptop and now F-Secure Total is working without problems.

Answers

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 355 Moderator

Hello @bhn

We welcome you to our forum and thank you for your post in which you described the problem.

To determine what causes this behavior of our program on your computer it will be helpful to collect diagnostic data. Therefore, I will send you a private message in our forum with instructions on how to download diagnostic data on a macOS device. This data will then be examined by our technicians. This will allow us to find a solution.

Best regards.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 355 Moderator

Hello @bhn

Thank you for sharing the good news.
    We wish you safe online surfing.

Best regards.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone