Standalone ID Protection reaching End of Life

Options
Firmy
Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager

Hello Cybersecurity Enthusiast,

It is with a heavy heart that we share the news of the standalone F-Secure ID Protection reaching its end of life after May 22nd, 2024 😢. This decision means that these products will no longer protect your devices or receive updates beyond this date.

However, we have been hard at work to ensure a smooth transition. The F-Secure app, introduced in February 2023, will replace the old product, with the transition scheduled to commence on April 24th, 2024. The best part? There's no need to worry about additional costs, as your existing subscription will seamlessly transfer to the new product, preserving any remaining duration.

For further details, please visit the following link:

We understand that this change may come as a surprise, however, please know that we're here to support you every step of the way. Should you have any inquiries or concerns, feel free to reach out to us. Your satisfaction and security remain our top priorities.

Thank you for being a valued member of the F-Secure community. Your trust and loyalty mean the world to us.

Tagged:

Comments

• RobertH
    RobertH Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

I tried to install the new app. But I had to delete my virusscanner from my provider (KPN) and that is your virusscanner (License KPN Netherlands?)

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @RobertH

Welcome to the F-Secure Community and thank you for your comment.

We regret to inform you that we've identified a compatibility issue between the new F-Secure app and your KPN app (a customized version of F-Secure). This arises because our F-Secure app is categorized as an Anti-Virus App, which unfortunately makes it incompatible with the KPN app. This could potentially lead to conflicts and compromise your device's security measures.

Regrettably, it's not feasible to run two antivirus programs simultaneously on your device. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we regret for any disruption to your experience. Our top priority is to ensure the highest level of security and performance for your device, and this compatibility issue presents a limitation to achieving that goal. Consequently, it's not possible to have both applications installed on the same device.

If you have any questions or need further assistance regarding this issue, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. We're here to support you and ensure a seamless transition.

Once again, we regret for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

• Jensinii
    Jensinii Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

I totally get the purpose of the update, but it should also state that
    some 'devices' (SSG8+ for instance) are not supported by the new app. Is
    there any workaround for this other than upgrading the devices to newer
    ones?

Best regards

Jensinii

• Fdesmit
    Fdesmit Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

I bought a license for your application F-secure Id protection, when I open this app it's redirect me to an update to F-secure, on the Android phone. After instal the update the app, the new Id-protection don't accept my Head-password. I use also the KPN veilig app.

can someone help me with a solution?

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @Jensinii @Fdesmit

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your comment.

@Jensinii

The new version of F-Secure requires a minimum of Android version 10, iOS 16.0, Windows 8.1, or macOS 12 to ensure full compatibility with the application. For a comprehensive overview of the system requirements, please refer to this link.

We recommend our users to update their operating systems to meet these requirements by December 31st, 2023. For more guidance on this, you can find detailed instructions in this article.

@Fdesmit

We regret to hear that you're experiencing difficulties logging into the new F-Secure app using your existing master password from F-Secure ID Protection. To resolve this issue, we recommend creating a new master password within the new F-Secure app. Be sure to save the recovery code. Afterward, select 'Connect Devices' to sync your password vault from F-Secure ID Protection to the new app. You'll be prompted to enter your master password. Please use the one you've just set up for F-Secure ID Protection.

This should resolve the login issue. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for your understanding, and we hope you have a great day.

• VFRschoot
    VFRschoot Posts: 1 Observer
    Options

Dears, I would like to report the same issue. With a different Dutch internet provider (DELTA), who is also offering virus scanner via F-Secure. I use this, and have a private subscription for ID-Protection. I face the same issue with the new "all-in-one" app. Please take this up within your company as you should find a way to support this situation for users. Simply saying this is not working, isn't good enough. Thank you for your reply!

• Calango_IT
    Calango_IT Posts: 3 Observer
    Options

Hello Firmy,

I have a similar problem as RobertH… in my case I'm using WithSecure Elements and it's incompatible with the new F-Secure App.

I just contacted the support and created a ticket that has beens scalated but… I still can not understand a few things…

1. You said above…
      "F-Secure app is categorized as an Anti-Virus App…"
      Is it just "categorized" or is actually "acting as" an Anti-Virus app?
      If it's not ACTING as an AV defense then you MUST solve this incompatibility issue otherwise the computers (at least Windows 10) will not have an effective protection!
    2. I did not remember do have seen any early warning about this incompatibility issue with the new version. Maybe I didn't get any information or I did miss to see/understand… anyway, according to me, it has not been clearly communicated.

In my case I do have some customer that are using both software (F-Secure ID protection AND WithSecure Elements) and this incompatibility issue will create a nightmare…
    If we/they must choose the will definitely keep Elements and drop F-Secure…. then we have the issue with their subscription…. money out of window?

I do really hope you guys find a solution for this!
    I have been using F-secure for decades and I'm even a reseller so until now I did trust 100% on the company and your products but this issue now is a really big disappointment.

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @VFRschoot @Calango_IT

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your comment.

We understand that this change may bring challenges for you, and we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to improve our services. Unfortunately, using the new F-Secure program alongside WithSecure Element or F-Secure based program is currently not possible.

If you have WithSecure Element or F-Secure based app installed on your computer, please be aware that it's not compatible with the new F-Secure app. After April 24th, 2024, new installations or renewals of old applications will not be possible. Additionally, existing installations will no longer receive updates after May 22nd, 2024.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause. We highly value your patience and understanding during this transition period, and we are committed to assisting you at every step.

Thank you and have a good day.

• Calango_IT
    Calango_IT Posts: 3 Observer
    Options

Hello @Firmy

Thank you for your answer, but….

I still don't understand WHY F-Secure decides to transform a password vault app into a "AV solution!!" that creates a nightmare for paying and loyal subscribers!!!
    What shall I say to my customers? "Sorry… you no longer are able to use the F-Secure product that you paided for"….

Unfortunally my patience is gone after this catastrofic decision from F-Secure…😡

I have been using and paying F-Secure Key/ID protection for many years but now I will have to find another solution that I can trust! for mine and my customers password vault needs.

Good luck for F-Secure to keep selling this product… I'm gone!

• RCZ2001
    RCZ2001 Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

same here.. the integration of the password product into VPN, web browser blabla stuff and other items I do not want/need is super annoying.. the product used to be super fast to be used (even without web browser password injection and such).. but by integrating it into a product that also does AV, VPN's and much more made it useless for me.. I already have all of those products from another vendor…

Because of that, the install doesnt even complete.. and I'm not removing those products..

• Pete110
    Pete110 Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

I use F-Secure Total and I was really happy to be able to independently install ID protection on my phone. After integration I have to use one Total license to install it. Since all of these licenses are in use I have to buy another one. This is very anoying.

• AussieDisti
    AussieDisti Posts: 3 Observer
    Options

I absolutely hate this upgrade. I no longer can have my F-Secure Password Vault across my 3 devcies as my work uses WithSecure EPP + EDR. I now need to find another product for my password vault. We have been an F-Secure Reseller Partner for 20 years and with this change they have lost a customer.

• Nanoonan63
    Nanoonan63 Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

This is really a huge downgrade of the product that I bought and when trying to make the change on my IPad, there’s no password vault option in the F-secure app, even though it’s the latest version, so how I shall use it in the future, that I do not know. As a holder of subscription with 10 devices, I’m seriously thinking about leaving F-secure and find another solution.

Pricing & Product Info