Keeps showing Temporarily down for maintenance at my F-Secure page

Options
XupLin
XupLin Posts: 1 New Member
edited October 2023 in F-Secure Total

Any Idea about how long this maintenance is?

It has been almost 2 days without success.

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,701 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @XupLin

I'm pleased to let you know that the issue has been resolved, and as a gesture of goodwill, we've added extra days to compensate for the time lost due to the issue. You can now log in to My F-Secure and install the app on your device to ensure their protection.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

Answers

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @XupLin

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your post.

We've managed to identify the root cause of the issue. It appears that your account was not created correctly on our backend, possibly due to a connection problem or disruption during the account creation process.

However, no need to worry. We're currently working on resolving this issue, and once it's fixed, I'll notify you promptly.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope you have a great day.

• hakalahelmi
    hakalahelmi Posts: 2 New Member
    Options

Hello,

I have currently the same issue. I try to log in, but it says "error code down for maintenance". Never had this problem before. What should I do?

• hakalahelmi
    hakalahelmi Posts: 2 New Member
    Options

Hi again,

Logging in works now. Can't delete previous comment, so leaving a new one. No problem anymore!

• Mike_2
    Mike_2 Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

Hi I´ve got the following message when I try to log in

{"errorCode": "down_for_maintenance"}

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @Mike_2

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your comment.

Maintenance has been completed, and you should now be able to log in to your My F-Secure account without any issues.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you, and have a great day.

• Erik_Dijkshoorn
    Erik_Dijkshoorn Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

Don't know what happened, but I get the maintanance message too.

I got Fsecure through XS4ALL and KPN and now I want to buy Fsecure but I can not go further.

• Jens27
    Jens27 Posts: 4 Observer
    Options

Actually, I have the same problem since weeks.

When I try to login on my F-Secure with my account, I receive the error message "down_for_maintenance" in German: "Zu Wartungszwecken vorübergehend außer Betrieb".

Can you help me with my account, too?

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Options

Hallo @Jens27,

I have checked your My F-Secure account in our system. I am referring to the account that functions on the email address you provided in your profile on our forum.

The license on this account expired in 2022. The account has therefore become inactive. That is the reason the message you described is displayed to you.

If you would like to reactivate your My F-Secure account then I would be happy to help you with this. 

Best regards.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• Jens27
    Options

Hello @PawełP,

Thank you for helping me with this issue. Well, maybe switching to "In-App Payment" within my used F-Secure Apps several month ago could be the reason for my inactive F-Secure account. Concerning the next renewal of my licenses in June 2024, reactivating my account could be useful. I'm planning to switch to F-Secure Total which will be more convenient, if I order it via the F-Secure online store.

Will my account be reactivated automatically with buying new F-Secure Total licenses?

Best regards,

Jens

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Options

Hello @Jens27

Thank you for your message.

Yes, it is possible that when using the app on mobile devices you made a license purchase through the Apple Store or Play Strore.

To make it easier for you, I have activated your account on My F-Secure. You can log in to it and you will have a few days to calmly purchase a license.

If you don't remember your password, please use the Forgot your password option.

Please let me know if everything was successful. 

Best regards,

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• Jens27
    Options

Well, just paying nearly 160 EUR to F-Secure was successful. Everything else concerning F-Secure Total for iOS Sems to be a bug itself.

Even deleting and reinstalling the App does NOT solve the new issues.

Well, just lost 160 EUR for nothing and even my ID Protection bought in App seems to be canceled even if it was bought until the end of June 2024.

What do we do now with this issue? Im more than unhappy at the moment.

• Jens27
    Options

The App seems to work now, finally. Therefore no additional action is needed at the moment.

Thanks and best regards, Jens