Old F-secure (internet security) key go trash?

Options
FIRE_PRINCE_HUN
FIRE_PRINCE_HUN Posts: 2 Observer

The old one (internet security) won't accept it and can't install it, if it won't accept my key that I gave money for, never again f-secure

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Just to summarize our conversation, you had two subscription codes for the code-based F-Secure Internet Security. You were able to redeem one of the codes in My F-Secure, however, not the other. We successfully resolved this issue by transferring the subscription to your alternate My F-Secure account.

Following this, it's advisable to reinstall the new F-Secure Internet Security as a replacement for the old one. You can find installation instructions for the new app by following this link: https://help.f-secure.com/product.html#home/total-windows/latest/en/task_CD3A8E6884B5487187B4B4F5DA124BB9-latest-en.

We're pleased to have been able to assist you with this matter. If you need any further help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,624 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

I am only an F-Secure user. Sorry for the discussion.

As for my understanding. They will give you the opportunity to upgrade to F-Secure TOTAL for free. Since you have the key (not activated yet?!), you may need to contact F-Secure support for example, web chat: Contact support | F-Secure) and they will explain what to do.

Or moderators and official representatives of F-Secure can help right here on community pages. They will also be able to help if your key was for some other solution (and that's the reason for "won't accept it").

However, your concern may be that you do not want to use another solution, but only F-Secure Internet Security (old one, code-based subscription). Is it right?

Thanks!

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @FIRE_PRINCE_HUN

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your post.

It appears that you might be experiencing a similar issue to what's discussed in this topic: https://community.f-secure.com/en/discussion/127184/internet-security-no-longer-working-after-factory-reset-of-windows

I've gone ahead and sent you a private message. Could you please share the subscription code for F-Secure Internet Security with me?

Thank you for your assistance, and I wish you a wonderful day.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info