Internet Security no longer working after factory reset of windows.

Options
Byrana
Byrana Posts: 5 Explorer

Hello there,

I have been a long and "loyal" customer of F-Secure products, but this is the worse customer experience ever.

A while ago, I purchased another license for F-Secure Internet Security, which is still running fine on my devices. I had to reset Windows on one of my devices and was really surprised, to put it mildly, that I was unable to enter my license code, and moreover, I am now forced to register online to use a product which I did not purchase. It took me some time to find out, that the sales had ended. There was no notification about it. Luckily, it is the weekend now and no support can be contacted.

I need no VPN or password manager, as I have alternative solutions for that.

My purchased license is valid until 2026.

How can I activate the software for my device?

After years of being a satisfied customer, I am very certain, that I will not use F-Secure Products after 2026.

Regards,

Peter

Accepted Answers

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Byrana

Thank you for your post.

We're truly regret to hear about the experience you've had, and we're here to make things right.

We've made some changes to provide a more efficient system, replacing code-based F-Secure Internet Security with a new method that uses the My F-Secure portal. This portal allows you to manage your license and subscription seamlessly. From here, you can purchase more licenses, renew your subscription, download installers, check your device status, release licenses, and much more. You can find all the details in this link: Introducing My F-Secure | Total | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

As for our code-based F-Secure Internet Security users, we have some great news! We're offering a free upgrade to F-Secure Total without any additional charges. You can learn more about this offer in this link: Switching from the old F-Secure Internet Security or Anti-Virus product to F-Secure Total - F-Secure Community

To resolve the issue you're facing, I've sent you a private message. If you could kindly share the subscription code with us, we'll work diligently to fix this for you.

Thank you for your patience, and we hope you have a much better day ahead.

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Byrana

We've successfully transferred your subscription from the code-based F-Secure Internet Security to the new account-based F-Secure Internet Security.

As part of this migration, we're thrilled to offer code-based F-Secure Internet Security users a fantastic opportunity - a FREE upgrade to the all-new F-Secure Total. This upgrade comes at no additional cost and provides even more comprehensive protection. Curious about what F-Secure Total has to offer? Check out this link to learn more.

Of course, if you'd prefer to stick with F-Secure Internet Security only, that's perfectly fine too. Just reach out to us, and we'll be delighted to assist you.

Thank you, and here's to a great day ahead.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info