Legacy F-Secure Internet Security & Anti-Virus reaching End of Life

Options
Firmy
Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
edited November 2023 in F-Secure Internet Security

Hello F-Secure users,

We are sad to announce that the legacy F-Secure Internet Security (which was available on Windows only and activated via subscription code) and Anti-Virus is reaching their end of life. What does this means? These products will no longer receive any updates after Dec 1st, 2023

We know this may be disappointing news, however, we want to ensure you all that we are committed in protecting our customer. Hence, we are excited to offer a free upgrade to F-Secure Total with no additional charges.

For more details about this, you may refer to this link: https://community.f-secure.com/internet-security-en/kb/articles/29661-switching-from-the-old-f-secure-internet-security-or-anti-virus-product-to-f-secure-total

We understand that this may be a big change and we are here to help you through it. You can submit inquiries or questions and we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you for being a valued F-Secure customer. We appreciate your continued trust.

Comments

• FIRE_PRINCE_HUN
    FIRE_PRINCE_HUN Posts: 2 Observer
    Options

The old one (internet security) won't accept it and can't install it, if it won't accept my key that I gave money for, never again f-secure

• JOnes
    JOnes Posts: 462 Rock Star
    Options

Finally,after this annoucement and end-of-life-day day the whole F-Secure security product line looks more straightforward and manageable also for the consumer customer..

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @FIRE_PRINCE_HUN

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your comment.

The answer to your inquiry can be found in this post: https://community.f-secure.com/en/discussion/127191/old-f-secure-internet-security-key-go-trash.

Please feel free to take a look and add any further comments or questions you might have. We're here and happy to assist you.

Thank you, and I hope you have a great day.

• rajmj9600
    rajmj9600 Posts: 8 Explorer
    Options

I read about it in an article probably on this website.

Fs internet security and fs antivirus will be discontinued on or after november 30, 2023.

Subscribers can still use those products through 'product key activation'(I guess) but those products will receive only virus database update and not product update.

Unfortunately I did not know about it in the month of july when I purchased the product key for fs internet security(the one that does not require account login).( I still have the fs is product key with me and not interested in upgrading to fs total after 30 nov)

I recently switched to fs safe(renamed as fs internet security and requires account login to function)

I also read that the existing customers with fs antivirus or fs internet security subscription can upgrade to fs total free of cost.

• Debby
    Debby Posts: 25 Contributor
    Options

Based on my experience of asking the original manufacturer on the Internet, it is strongly recommended to register the code bound to the remaining validity period in the reminder in the old software. The functions in TOTAL can be turned off.

If you cannot bind, you can contact support online to handle it. The service is very fast.

• Oldman78
    Oldman78 Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

Dear Support,

the switch to F-Secure Total is a nice feature. But how it is done is a desaster, here's why.

• I support a lot of friends and family members never had to bother with a F-Secure account.
    • Last Key I purchased (from an F-Secure gold Partner) req'd an account, so i made one -> now I can't even add my five computers to this account as it states all licences are used.
    • I need to add all computers of my family in my account to manage licences but its impossible.

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @Oldman78

Please share the details of your subscription code and the associated email address for the account. We have sent you a private message, you may share the details via private message.

Thank you, and have a great day.

• Debby
    Options

It is recommended to pay attention to adjusting the old FIS software. Learn More does not appear on many user program screens, and registration account binding codes and upgrades cannot be operated.

Or reinstalling can only install new software, and after new registration, it also shows that the code cannot be found.

Advise:

新/舊軟體程式或帳號網站調整成為能驗證有剩餘效期的code,新/舊用戶才可自行綁定授權,減少用戶焦慮及防護失效空窗期. New/old software programs or account websites are adjusted to codes that can verify the remaining validity period, so that new/old users can bind their own authorizations to reduce user anxiety and protect against expiration periods.

舊軟體改善推送訊息:說明註冊及升級新軟體政策,現有用戶不知道防護失效. Old software improvement push message: Instructions for registering and updating new software policies. Existing users do not know that the protection is invalid.  

請提供代理商技服可快速報檢管道,Expert曾表示應由管道進行,線上Chat offline將無法留言提交報檢用戶資料。 Please provide a channel through which the agent's technical service can quickly apply for inspection. Expert has said that it should be done through the channel. Online Chat offline will not be able to leave messages and submit user information for inspection.

• zulpat
    zulpat Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

I'd like to install my old code based license on a new computer to use it until it expires next year. I created an account and wanted to add the license, but it doesnt't work. What to do?

Chat is unavailable, hotline queue is eternal. Thanks.

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @zulpat

Please be aware that the old code-based F-Secure Internet Security is no longer available for download as the product has reached its end of life.

I've noticed that you've created a trial F-Secure Total account. Could you share your subscription code with us? I've sent you a private message for your convenience. Our goal is to transfer the subscription to your My F-Secure account, and subsequently, deactivate the code. Are you comfortable proceeding with this?

Looking forward to your prompt response.

Thank you, and I wish you a great day ahead.

• Seemann56
    Seemann56 Posts: 1 Observer
    Options

I have a subscription F-Secure Internet Security 5 Devices 2 Years

Expiration date: 06.03.2025

I have an account, I also bought an F-Secure Total software license. 

It is possible to transfer the old, but valid key? 

Regards,

Miklós

• marmab
    marmab Posts: 34 Moderator
    Options

Hello @Seemann56

Welcome to F-Secure Community and thank you for your post .

Sounds like you have several products and to address this for you, I will send you a private message to assist you further as I would need more data from you.

I will be in touch shortly.

• Karibu
    Karibu Posts: 26 Enthusiast
    Options

Which product versions of Internet Security are you talking about? It would be helpful to CLEARLY identify the exact version of Internet Security that is being discontinued. How do you expect consumers to come here who just purchased the current, 19.X, Internet Security to know that you people are discussing an Internet Security version from a few years ago?

The way this entire thread reads - a consumer who just bought Internet Security is led to believe that their product is now End of Life (EOL).

Why can't you all get the basic details correct so that people are properly informed?

If F-Secure phases-out the current de-bloated version of Total (Internet Security), and consumers are left with only the single option of buying Total, you can expect that a lot of users will simply stop subscribing. Total is full of unnecessary features and bloat.

• Debby
    Options

I am one of the consumers.

As far as I have seen the original manufacturer’s information,

Consumers who have just purchased it may have purchased the SAFE version (renamed the new FIS-Internet Security as announced by the original manufacturer) and can use the software.

Applications have been unified into the same set of F-Secure. The installed version varies according to operating system updates, and different functions are opened due to Total or SAFE (new FIS)

The best way to identify it is to register for a Finnish security account and enter the newly obtained code. The system will recognize the validity period.

Only codes that have been activated in the past and have remaining validity will not be able to have a new validity period. EXPERT support is required to adjust the validity period.

I am not an English speaker, please forgive my translation.

Pricing & Product Info