VPN Subscription Renewal

Stesco
Stesco Posts: 3 Observer
edited December 2023 in F-Secure VPN

I have just paid to renew my subscription for another year and received confirmation of payment from Paypal and Freedome however I have not received a new subscription code to renew my expiry date ( to still says 36 days to run ). I am not sure whether I need a new code and if so how do I get one, or if the expiry date will renew automatically.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thank you

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,621 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hello @Stesco

Thank you for your post.

I'd like to share some important information with you. We have transitioned to a new account-based system for F-Secure VPN, and as a result, we no longer provide subscription codes for it. You can find detailed information about this update by visiting the following link My F-Secure account required for F-Secure FREEDOME VPN subscriptions - F-Secure Community

Upon checking our records, I did not find any recent subscription purchases from you. To better understand your situation, could you please confirm whether you received a confirmation email from our payment partner, Cleverbridge? Additionally, it would be helpful to know if you subscribed to F-Secure VPN through F-Secure directly, the Apple App Store, or the Google Play Store. Please note that subscriptions purchased through the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store can only be used on the respective platforms. You can find further clarification on this matter by referring to the link provided Can I transfer F-Secure FREEDOME VPN bought from AppStore/PlayStore to other operating system? - F-Secure Community

To assist you further, I have sent you a private message. If possible, kindly provide me with the reference number of your purchase or a screenshot for reference.

Thank you for your attention, and I look forward to your response. Have a great day!

Answers

• Mr_dombat
    Mr_dombat Posts: 1 Observer

Same problem, purchased via f-secure about 30 mins ago but not logged in. Upon logging in using existing credentials it doesn't know I've renewed. You must have a bug.

Also, why is there no renew button inside Freedome app itself? Would make it easier to give you money!

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,621 Community Manager
    edited June 2023

Hello @Mr_dombat

Thank you for your comment.

I noticed that your situation is similar to that of @Stesco , as discussed in our conversation. It appears that you both encountered a similar issue.

I find that you made a new purchase outside of your existing account, which is why the subscription is not linked to your current account. Your existing account is active until June 2nd, 2023, and the new purchase you made on June 1st, 2023, is separate from your current account. You can find a more detailed explanation at this link https://community.f-secure.com/common-home-en/kb/articles/5904-i-have-accidentally-purchased-a-new-f-secure-subscription-outside-my-account-instead-of-renewing-my-existing-my-f-secure-account-what-should-i-do

I appreciate your interest in participating in our ongoing campaign to receive a lower price. However, please note that the campaign is specifically for newly registered users with F-Secure. It allows everyone to enjoy a discounted price for their first purchase with F-Secure, just like you received a 40% promotional offer when you first joined. Once the subscription expires, it will revert to the retail price.

To help resolve the situation, I can suggest two options:

1. You may register a new My F-Secure account using a different email address. To register your new purchase and access the necessary information, please check the email sent by our payment partner, Cleverbridge. They have sent a confirmation order email that includes the registration link you need. After creating the account, log out from the app and log back in using the new login credentials to activate the subscription.
    2. Alternatively, you can delete the existing account https://community.f-secure.com/common-home-en/kb/articles/6234-how-to-delete-my-f-secure-account and register again using the same email address. Once you create the new account, log out and log back in on the app.

Please let me know if you need further assistance, and we'll be happy to help you further.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info