Bug reports: MacOS desktop app starts by itself + 1 more bug
On MacOS Ventura, the ID PROTECTION desktop app randomly starts by itself a few minutes after closing the app.
- Bug: After initially closing ID PROTECTION macOS desktop app, the application starts itself in a few minutes.
- Expected behaviour: I can manually pick when I want to launch the app, and it does not launch at other times. When I close the app, it stays closed until I command otherwise.
- The launch seems to be triggered by a key press. However, there is no repeating pattern on which key triggers the launch. It just seems that few minutes after I've closed the app, when I start typing something, the app launches. I am not accidentally hitting a hotkey or clicking on something. This naturally leads to the question of why is the application listening to my keyboard when it's supposed to be closed?
- Bug #2: The "currently open and recently opened applications"-area in the MacOS dock shows two ID PROTECTION icons instead of one. Both icons launch ID PROTECTION. I have removed the icons multiple times to make sure one of them is not the installer I launched. Also, I have not installed ID PROTECTION twice. Expected behaviour is to show only one ID PROTECTION icon in the "currently open and recently opened applications"-area.
- I am on MacOS Ventura, but the problem has persisted for as long as I have had the desktop app. Not sure if this means pre-Ventura or not.
- I have all "launch on startup" and other similar options disabled. Also, this has nothing to do with starting up the computer.
I could not find a bug reporting form or any other info regarding bug reporting from anywhere, so I am posting on this forum. Both bugs are irritating and make me want to cancel my subscription. I hope they get resolved as soon as possible.