macOS Monterey Firewall always deaktivated after every Boot?

FsecHelp93
FsecHelp93 Posts: 3 New Member
edited October 2023 in F-Secure Total

After the Update from Fsecure SAFE 18.5 to Fsecure Total 19.0 under macOS Monterey 12.6.3 the macOS Firewall is deaktivated after every Boot. Is this a Bug? When will it bee fixet?

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,621 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hello @FsecHelp93

Welcome to the F-Secure Community page. Thank you for your post.

We regret any inconvenience caused. We wanted to let you know that our team is aware of the issue.

We're happy to inform you that this issue has been addressed and will be fixed in the next release version 19.1. We're continuously working to improve our products, and we appreciate your patience and understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. We're here to help.

Thank you and have a good day.

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user.

Maybe, also known for beta releases (Every time fscsafeadmind starts, it will disable the firewall — F-Secure Community)

I think, if beta release will receive a fix - then stable build too. However, you could try to reach their official Support Channel to point out your situation.

Contact support | F-Secure

Thanks!

• FsecHelp93
    FsecHelp93 Posts: 3 New Member

Can i get back to the version before and stay there until this securityproblem has been fixed? Where can i download the version before?

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,621 Community Manager

Hello @FsecHelp93

We regret any inconvenience this message may have caused you. We want to assure you that F-Secure Total is still providing complete protection to your device despite the message.

We understand that your device's security is a top priority for you, and we want you to know that our team is working hard to resolve this issue. Please avoid reverting to an older version of F-Secure Total as this may compromise the security of your device.

If you prefer, you may manually turn the firewall back on as a temporary workaround until the issue is resolved. Our team is dedicated to resolving this issue as soon as possible and we will include the fix in the next version of F-Secure Total.

If you have any additional concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to assist you and ensure that your device remains protected at all times.

Thank you for your understanding and for choosing F-Secure Total to protect your device.

• NOBAT_HL
    NOBAT_HL Posts: 1 Observer

Hello,

I have the same problem. MacOS Ventura; F-Secure Internet Security...

• Ad51
    Ad51 Posts: 1 New Member

Hello,

I have also the same problem. Mac OS Big Sur, Monterey. F-Secure Safe

This discussion has been closed.