FS Protection PC 19.1 releases
FS Protection PC 19.1 releases will be posted under this thread.
Release 19.1 Beta 1 (TOTAL 5.2.346):
Please note that some strings are not localized yet.
- VPN Settings: Applications bypassing VPN (PBL-9946)
- Locations info at the VPN subview (PBL-10636)
- Scheduled scan: Run task as soon as possible if missed (PBL-10465)
- Change location of "Turn off all protection" button (PBL-10370). It has been moved to the Settings dialog.
- Vault Master Password feedback texts rewritten (KID-954)
- Empty Vault now shows add & import actions (KID-420)
- Vault search related improvements: clearing search, magnifying glass icon persistence, empty search results visualization (KID-329, KID-331, KID-1577)
- Windows 7 support. Installation and updates are blocked on Windows 7 (PBL-10152)
- Proxy configuration in Settings. Product now automatically uses Windows proxy if it is set up. (PBL-10475)
- Closing the window during onboarding process leads to confusing state. (PBL-10783)
- Scanning with fsscan.exe fails with "No entitlement" error (PBL-10800)
- Vault password viewer now shows emojis correctly (KID-1597)
- Vault feature card now updates correctly if Vault is synced in onboarding flow (KID-1581)
Huomenta (or Hello),
When is the version 19.1 likely to be released? It's already February 20 and my Software Update Monitor tells me that there is an updated version of F-Secure OneClient available (new version is 18.104.22.168).
How is the update to be released? Manually polling via Settings/Updates is rather unreliable.
Could you please specify the platform you are using? For PC, the latest version number is 5.2.346 in Beta.
The update check (and installation) usually happens automatically every 1-2 hours. Or you can trigger it in Settings, if you don't want to wait.
Have a great day!
I have sent you a private message.
Scheduled scan: Run task as soon as possible if missed (PBL-10465)
I have some unclear results with this nice feature.
Is there any complicated logic about?
I mean, originally my set up was "Every four weeks" (a certain day / time). When first time scheduled scan missed (system was OFF) -> it is re-scheduled to the next week (so, right the next week). Second time (system was OFF / I managed to shut down laptop before the time of scheduled scan point) -> it is re-sechuled to the next week again.
Then, I decided to check with other options. The first one was "Daily". Also managed to miss scheduled scan point by turning system off before. With the very next launch (~some hours after, maybe no more than six or eight) - scheduled scan is triggered. So, really like "as soon as possible". Missed -> next system launch. I skipped the actual scanning then (if important).
Then, I decided to check with "Each week". Missed scan date is re-scheduled to the next launch system (as with "Daily"). Thus, also "as soon as possible". Missed -> next system boot - scheduled scan is triggered. Also skipped it.
Then, I tried to check back with "Every four weeks" and got another experience (compared to original). Missed scheduled scan is re-scheduled to 'four weeks later'. So, not "the next week" as before, but the next "after four weeks". Probably, it was 06.03.2023, so switched now to 03.04.2023
This result is different with my original (when 'virtual' 06.03.2023 would be switched to 13.03.2023 as example) and other options (when 'virtual' 06.03.2023 miss ->> next system launch; like 'as soon as possible').
Is this matched to feature's expectations? Like if some else things will affect re-scheduled point. Weekday/weekend... system resources.. or something.
I agree that this feature is not described obviously. The first point is that "if missed" means only "if the PC was off", it does not work if user has dismissed the scheduled scan on the flyer or if there was an gaming session ongoing.
Since this feature uses Windows Scheduler settings I can't say for sure what does "as soon as possible" mean. A quick googling says that it should be equal to about 10 minutes, and this is how it worked when I have tested it. So, this does sound similar to how it should work.
Re-scheduling to the next week does not sound correctly. Please feel free to create a Centercode ticket.
Release 19.1 beta 2 (5.2.597):
- Priority of the smart tasks has changed a bit (PBL-10660)
- Banking Protection: "Disconnect in-memory modified processes" will protect against insertion of malicious threads into legitimate processes, disconnecting such processes when banking session starts (PBL-4437)
- Added initials as new symbol (icon) type for Vault entries. (KID-1479)
- Vault entries imported from other products now default to "initials" icon type. (KID-1612)
- Clicking the VPN bypass button/link text does not refocus upon an open vpn bypass window (PBL-9946)
- VPN subview left alignment wrong (PBL-10836)
- Fixed Vault entry's password history clearing. (KID-1604)
- Vault error texts improved related to connecting devices. (KID-222)
- Fixed Vault settings import area layout for languages with long text. (KID-1608)
- Fixed Vault autolock settings info box layout for languages with long text. (KID-1609)
It looks like I just got the 19.1 beta 2 today.
And since then, I have had it. I am in a loop:
- The first screen - I need to log in - OK, it's working
- one screen asks me to free a license since there are not any available
- a button invites me to see the list of devices to free one
- I do, and it then goes to a white screen
- back to the first one, saying no license is available
- I go again to the device list and see my current device added.
If I do this 3 times, I'll see my device name 3 times. But I can never free and use a license. I'm 100% stuck.
And that's the case on 2 laptops.2 2Like
We had a problem with licensing server, see https://community.f-secure.com/en/discussion/126394/beta-account-getting-logged-out#latest
F-Secure R&D, Desktop products3 3Like
Yes, now it's working fine. Thank you very much, Ville.
In fact, it has been working on one of the two laptops I'm using.
For the failing one, it's the same experience as I described yesterday.
Now, it's working on both.
I had a little trouble trying to login after the update. But it seems to be working ok now. I am able to login fine now. This is the first time I've had to "login" after an update. It seemed a little strange. And then when I couldn't login, I was a little worried. But I am able to login in now & everything seems to be working good.
I feel I haven't contributed much lately. But its only because everything has been working good for me. I haven't had any problems. Until trying to login after this last update. But that is working again now.