Removing the application from a MacBook Pro

Kelh
Kelh Posts: 8 Explorer

I need to reinstall the application on my MacBook Pro because it is not accepting sync codes from any of my other devices. I am on MacOS Monterey 12.6.1

I have tried the following to no avail:

• Re-installing after removing by sending the app icon to the Trash and emptying the Trash
  • Re-installing after using the Uninstallation tool for Mac
  • Re-install after removing by sending the app icon to the Trash, emptying the Trash and running the Uninstallation tool for Mac

There are other symptoms:

• The app will run normally, as if nothing had evet happened, after re-installation, i.e ask for the master password to see the vault
  • The app is syncing the Vault: changes made from any devices are synced into the MacBook Pro and changes made in the MacBook Pro are synced into other devices
  • After un-installing the app, there is no reference to ID Protection or F-Secure in the /Applications folder
  • The MacBook pro does not show up in the devices list in my Subscription

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,631 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hello @Kelh

Thank you for your post.

To remove the product completely from your computer, you need to remove both the F-Secure ID PROTECTION app and the local storage (containing your Vault data) separately.

Note: Before you start removing the app, make sure that it is no longer running.

To remove the product from your computer:

1. Open a Terminal:
      1. Open the Applications folder.
      2. Open the Utilities folder.
      3. Double-click Terminal.
    2. Use the Terminal to run the following two commands:
      • rm -r "/Applications/ID PROTECTION.app" (This removes the app from your computer.)
      • rm -r ~/Library/Application\ Support/F-Secure/Pwmgr (This removes the local storage from your computer.)

You have now removed the app and its data from your computer, and you can now install a fresh F-Secure ID Protection again.

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Thank you and stay safe.

Answers

• Kelh
    Kelh Posts: 8 Explorer

Thank you for this.

The folder F-Secure is not under Application Support. Could there be an alternative location for it?

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,631 Community Manager

Hi @Kelh

The folder F-Secure is not under Application Support.

It might be that you have removed it when running the command. Do the application still in the applications?

Kindly try to reinstall ID PROTECTION. When you are trying to reinstall after removing the local storage ID PROTECTION, it will show you "Start using ID PROTECTION".

Kindly let me know if you still have an issue reinstalling the app.

Thank you and stay safe.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info